• 24.04.2024, 15:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Rad mounting problem

Montag, 25. April 2005, 22:19

Hi all,

I want to mount my rads to the case of my pc.

Is it better to mount the fans to the rad and then the fans to the case, so the weight of the rads are held by the fan's shrouding?

Alternatively, is it better to mount the fans and rads at the same time, using longer bolts which go thru the case, fans and then into the rads, so that the weight of the rads is held by the case, to a certain extent?

Also while i'm at it: do the AC rads work as well with the air being sucked thru them as they do with the air being pushed thru them?

Cheers guys :)

Re: Rad mounting problem

Donnerstag, 28. April 2005, 01:50

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

Is it better to mount the fans to the rad and then the fans to the case, so the weight of the rads are held by the fan's shrouding?

Alternatively, is it better to mount the fans and rads at the same time, using longer bolts which go thru the case, fans and then into the rads, so that the weight of the rads is held by the case, to a certain extent?

You can do this how ever it works best for you. It doesn't make any difference to the functionallity. Usually this would mean using long bolts because it's easiest this way (there are long bolts included with the radiator bezel that is availible in the shop). However, there are two things you should take care of when using long bolts:

1. Don't fasten the bolts too tight. You can deform the fans shrouding by this which can result in the fan becoming noisy or even blocking the fan.

2. Watch out not to use too long bolts! The threads in the radiator doesn't have an end stop. You can damage the radiator if you use too long bolts.

Zitat

Also while i'm at it: do the AC rads work as well with the air being sucked thru them as they do with the air being pushed thru them?

Generally, the cooling effect should be the same, but usually you'll want the fans to blow the warm air out of the case. So if you don't have a very fancy case design this fact will dictate the direction of the fans: sucking through the radiator and pushing out of the case.
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!
-- Hoban Washburn

Donnerstag, 28. April 2005, 02:08

so, is it not better to have the cool air entering the case at the front and passing over the radiator there? i thought the cooler the air, the more effect it has on the cpu temps?

i have a Lian Li PC-6085A case, not amazingly good for cooling i know, but i was trying to decide on whether to have two aiplex evo160s at the front which would require some modding ;D

or one at the front in the standard fan holes and one at the back, in which case, i'd have to cut a larger hole at the back, cos there's only one 80mm fan hole. :-/

cheers

Donnerstag, 28. April 2005, 13:42

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

so, is it not better to have the cool air entering the case at the front and passing over the radiator there? i thought the cooler the air, the more effect it has on the cpu temps?
This in fact can be better. You will of course get a lower water temperature this way, but you will also have a higher air temperature inside the case. So everything that's cooled by the water cooling system is cooled better, but everything else is heated up...
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!
-- Hoban Washburn

Donnerstag, 28. April 2005, 16:42

I see.... so really it would be best to have the rads at the front, but fabricate some ducting to exhaust the hot air straight out of the side. in this case though, i would need to get some cool air in another way to cool the other components that aren't water-cooled, wouldn't i?