• 27.04.2024, 01:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Cuplex XT questions

Samstag, 30. April 2005, 00:34

Greetings most exalted ones...

I got my regular XT last night and had a couple of questions. The blue plexi came with a slight scratch on the surface that is visible. I already have a replacement one on the way in the next Sharka shipment, but wonder if there is some way to polish it out. What would be the recommended method and supplies needed? Also any problem with just flipping the plexi part over so the scratch is on the water side where I assume it wouldn't be seen?

The other issue is about the slight milling chatter (or perhaps too high of feed rate) that is on the side of the copper bottom unit on the periphery. Not to concerned as it will probably not be seen, but just wanted to make sure this will not be on my Silver XT. The Silver pics I have seen on the site look extremely well polished. :)

BTW, very nice looking block. Looks better in person than in the pics!

Re: Cuplex XT questions

Samstag, 30. April 2005, 16:55

Zitat

BTW, very nice looking block.  Looks better in person than in the pics!

;Dwholehearted agreement! ;D

Depending on how deep the scratch is, you should be able to polish the scratch out. if you have a lapping kit, you can use it to flat the surface off. you'll then need some sort of polishing wheel, or attachment for your dremel. just make sure not to hold it on the wheel too long, or you'll melt the plexi  ;D

Edit: Don't forget to post some pics of the silver edition when you've recieved it  ;)

Samstag, 30. April 2005, 21:53

Pick up some Novus heavy and fine scratch remover (polishing compound). I mess with alot of acrylic, and I can tell you the stuff is very good..

Sonntag, 1. Mai 2005, 00:02

Thanks guys for all the cool tips!

As it turns out I'm not so concerned about the milling marks on the outside of the XT copper plate. I looked at a DD and some other coolers and decided I was nitpicking. ;)