• 18.04.2024, 04:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Airplex Evo 160 grill measurements

Montag, 25. April 2005, 01:52

Can anyone give me the outside dimensions of an Airplex Evo 160 grill?

I'm trying to see if I can use the grill in my V2000 case in the area directly above the PSU in the bottom chamber.

Re: Airplex Evo 160 grill measurements

Montag, 25. April 2005, 16:46

you had the problem that the pre-cut fan holes are too far apart for the evo160 too huh? :P i think you can, but i don't have any measurments, so i can't be sure. if you look at: http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/c…s/caseback2.jpg it appears to me that there's a panel screwed onto the back of the case, so if you were to bolt the evo 160 grill onto it there would be a little overlap, which would leave an unsightly gap between the grill and the back of the case. :'( (unless you got a new rear panel laser cut, onto which you could have the AC logo etched, which would make it the right way up, as the 160 grill has it at one end)

;D hope that session of verbal diarrhea is of some help/sense to you ;D

Donnerstag, 28. April 2005, 10:38

Yes the plate on the back does come off. However I wasn't planning on using an Airplex Evo radiator. I'm going to use a HWL 160 radiator as it is smaller and does fit inside.

What I need is the outside dimensions of the 160 grill so I can see if I can do it with a dremel or whether I need a to have a new plate milled. Someone else posted a bunch of line drawings for some other rads so I'm not sure if anyone has them or not (the 160 grill dimensions). I dislike the buy and try routine when I can't go to the local store and pick it up :-/

Freitag, 29. April 2005, 23:28

Friday morning bump :)

Samstag, 30. April 2005, 14:28

why not remove the hard drive bays and put a 240 down there? thats wot i did ;)

Samstag, 30. April 2005, 23:55

Zitat von »Nitrix«

why not remove the hard drive bays and put a 240 down there? thats wot i did ;)

Well I like my hard drive bays because I got them filled with water cooled 74Gb Raptor's ;D Actually I have a 120mm HWL rad in the front bottom I was able to fit in without having to do any case mods, but it was tight fit. There is another 120mm HWL up in the MB compartment that mounts where the stock case fan is. And I was planning on putting in the dual 80 = 160mm rad above the PSU. Just planning for the day I will be running TEC's under my XT's 8) I'm using the 120mm and 160mm A-C grills on the case to hold them in.

This whole problem of getting rads in a Lian-Li V series case is about to go bye-bye within the next 90 days. A special version of the V1000, V1200, and V2000 cases are being made that will allow for two (2) 120mm rads to be easily put in to it without ANY modifications whatsoever besides maybe drilling a couple of holes if you don't take the default radiator. I believe it will be marketed strictly throrgh VAR's and speciality watercooling shops world wide.

Sonntag, 1. Mai 2005, 17:52

Hang on a minute, you have a phrase under your pic, it goes something like this: "when in doubt...buy it anyway"

Why don't you just buy the new v-series case you speak of? ;D

(ps. only kidding! i've just ordered two evo 160 grills, so i'll post the measurements on this thread when they arrive! how's that for service? :D)

actually, while i was typing this, i thought: when i said about the airplex evo 160 not fitting, i meant the positions of the bolt holes. now if you have found a different rad which fits the hole positions in the lian li case, then they'll be different to the airplex, right? if so, then they won't fit the airplex mounting plate, will they? so what is the point in getting an AC mounting plate?

Montag, 2. Mai 2005, 03:05

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

Hang on a minute, you have a phrase under your pic, it goes something like this: "when in doubt...buy it anyway"

Why don't you just buy the new v-series case you speak of? ;D

(ps. only kidding! i've just ordered two evo 160 grills, so i'll post the measurements on this thread when they arrive! how's that for service? :D)

actually, while i was typing this, i thought: when i said about the airplex evo 160 not fitting, i meant the positions of the bolt holes. now if you have found a different rad which fits the hole positions in the lian li case, then they'll be different to the airplex, right? if so, then they won't fit the airplex mounting plate, will they? so what is the point in getting an AC mounting plate?

Well the Lian-Li cases I was discussing are in the design stages now. I expect to see the blueprints in about 7-10 days and the prototypes in a few weeks. The production units will probably be available in 6-8 weeks. And yes I plan on getting one or two of them "to play around with." ;D

Actually I did order a 160 grill from Sharka that I expect to see in about 7-10 days. If it doesn't work I will have no problem selling it here in the USA. As far as the other issue goes I don't think it will be a problem as the grill will mount to the outside of the case pretty much for asthetics. The radiator will attach to the fans and the fans will attach to the Lian-Li back plate that the PSU also attaches to. So I expect that there is plenty of wiggle room to mod about. 8)