• 20.04.2024, 03:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Can i watercool a cpu with a twinplex?

Montag, 2. Mai 2005, 13:34

hi everybody,
 no i haven't gone mad!

just thought i'd have a bit of a laugh, and try and watercool my Via Epia MII 12000 Mini-ITX pc! now, i've had a look around, and i think i need to dissipate ~25-30W. is the twinplex able to do this?

also the current heatsink on the cpu is 42mmx42mm, but on the Via website they say the cpu itself is only 52mm^2. now the twinplex is 38mmx38mm, do you think it'll be ok?

lastly, the mounting! it looks like the heatsink mounts are similar, if not the same as the graphic card mounts, much like:

http://www.aquacomputer.de/cgi-bin/shop5…lende_g_500.jpg

only the other way up.

does anybody know if this is the case?

has it been done before?

have i gone crazy?  :P

cheers for your help/psychiatric counselling

Re: Can i watercool a cpu with a twinplex?

Montag, 2. Mai 2005, 13:57

Not sure I totally understand what you are cooling, but Twinplex's have cooled big old Pentium's and AMD XP's as well.

Montag, 2. Mai 2005, 14:17

almost any Graphics-card will produce more heat than your via-cpu and can be easliy cooled with a twinplex.
go ahead.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Montag, 2. Mai 2005, 14:44

Zitat

Not sure I totally understand what you are cooling, but Twinplex's have cooled big old Pentium's and AMD XP's as well.

let me try and explain:

the via group produce mini-itx motherboards, which are 170mmx170mm in size!

the cpus have very low power consumption, and typically have just a heatsink or heatsink/fan combo for the higher powered ones.

Zitat

almost any Graphics-card will produce more heat than your via-cpu and can be easliy cooled with a twinplex.  
go ahead.

thanks hobbes - i sort of realised this anyway, and was not really worried about the cooling capabilities of the twinplex. i would like to know if there is a steel plate that will fit this cpu though.

if anyone can help i'd be grateful!

Montag, 2. Mai 2005, 16:45

also: is the twinplex for graphics cards compatible with the one for chipsets? ie the one with the steel plate, and the one with just the plexi.

cheers!

ps, Jessica, do you do all different types of twinplex? cos on you website, it says just the one for AMD motherboards. cheers.