• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

different connection types

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2005, 22:54

there are 4 main connection types here @ aqua.de

on which the hose could coem lose or it could leak around the hose

the pneumatic system
on which you put the hose in the socket thingy or am i wrong here ? becouse i thought pneumatic thingy have these fast release systems or just not in this one ?

then there are these 2, 2 which are more expensive then the rest are these better some how ? and how do they work then ?

so my question is sort of which are better why and what is the differance between types

Jessica

Re: different connection types

Dienstag, 3. Mai 2005, 23:29

The barb connectors in pic 1 are very good especially for adapting to different sizes of tubing They are also ideal for high pressure systems because the piping can be secured with 10mm jubilee clips around them for added security. ( in other words like some members might have found that with too much pressure the tube will dislodge and shoot off into the air but as AC cooling systems do not use high pressure pumps there would be no need for the jubilee clips.
Picture 2 and 3 are really adapters for connecting other water cooling kits to an AC kit. Both are very good and do the job in hand all though not to fond of the compression fittings (pic 2).
Because they are big and bulky and a bit tricky to fit but at the same time they also do the job in hand. Its all down to personal choice.
Picture 4 These connectors are truly plug and cool all you need to do is push the tubing firmly into the connector and the jobs done its water tight and locked solid. All you do to release is push the black ring from around the connector inwards and release the tube out.
I personally would reccomend these as they come in 2 different screw sizes 1/8 inch & 1/4 inch. The 1/8 inch to plug and cool connector are used for the CPU , GPU , chipset block and Aqua-tube. The 1/4 inch to plug and cool connectors are used to connect up the radiators. The plug and cool connectors are very adaptable as they come in angled , T shape , and elbow version so you really can not go wrong not matter how you wish to lay out your system. These are the easiest to fit and believe me if you try to pull out the tubing from the connector your more likely to pull a muscle than rip it out.

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005, 00:38

so which one will be the savest ?
if i would order every stock from aqua-computer
because i will be building it in a computer which will me constantly on the move
it will go from lan party to lanparty
so the hoses may not ever come loose

Jessica

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005, 00:49

Go for the Plug and cool connectors picture 4.
:)

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005, 01:21

I've told this story in german several times, but never in english before...

When I once moved i borrowed a car from a friend of mine. I lay my PC on the backseat. At that time, my radiator was mountet external (-ly ??) on top of the PC.

The PC was in no way secured or anything and the radiator pointed towards the drivers seat. I was driving about 70km/h when suddenly a fire engine crossed my way.
I had to do an all-out braking (correct ??) and the PC crashed into my back.
I was absolutely shocked and asap i stopped to check if any Harm had been done to my PC. the only thing that had happend was that the window didn't resist the hit, i had to glue it back in :D

don't worry about the P'n'C - connectors, they hold a LOT...
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005, 02:12

says a lot for german engineering! 8)

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005, 04:02

Aren't Legris French? ;)

All these type fittings have their uses. The smart retailer and user keeps most of them around because you never know when you might need one.

Depending on the setup you could go with either 1/8 BSPP or 1/4 BSPP push-fits. I personally like the pneumatic compression fittings (Pic 2) as they are pretty much worry free connections. Oh and no they do not have quick disconects (Q-D) on them. You are thinking of Q-D air fittings. It is interesting to note that a 1/4 BSPP 8/6mm push-fit has a much larger hole going through it than the same 1/8 BSPP 8/6mm fittings.

BTW, Hobbes_dmS nice looking case! I especially like the cool plumbing. ;D

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005, 09:21

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

BTW, Hobbes_dmS nice looking case!  I especially like the cool plumbing.   ;D

thanx, but this is my old case. to see some pics of my new case click on th Link in my Signature
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.