• 19.04.2024, 22:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

new system fitting help

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 19:18

hey i have just made a new system i have a friend in switzerland who was going to help me build it but now can't come over to england because hes busy ::) lol anyway heres my system -
lian li pc 71 case
dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr motherboard
amd 64 3500+
xfx 6800 gt
tagan 480 watt ps
3*300 gig hdds
corsair pc 4000 (2*512mb ram)
and the water cooling that i am fitting is - -

Aqua CPU-Cooler cuplex PRO Plug and cool straight Combi-clamp Socket 754/939/940/478
Aqua Twinplex Chipset AMD Plug & Cool straight connectors
Aqua GPU-Cooler Aquagratix FX 6800
Aqua Airplex EVO 1800
Aqua Watertank Aquatube Plug & Cool straight Blue
Eheim Universal Pump 1048 230V

and the other basics - connectors tube etc
but i was having a look inside my computer the other day and realised that i won't be able to fit the northbridge cooler due to the graphics card being so long it goes over the northbridge :(:(. But because my computer can have sli is it possible to just use to other 16x slot - even though its not the default place.
Because i have got the 1800 i can't seem to find (well havn't look that hard but..) any manuals on the size i need to drill holes into my computer to attach it to the case, any idea what size? Thanks seems a cool forum shame i can't speak german lol

Re: new system fitting help

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 22:35

Well...IIRC you may be able to get the chipset cooler in but you might have to orient the connectors so that it's not under the card. If that doesn't work then you might want to glance at the Koolance chipset cooler as it is really small. See see my website for details. However, the NF4 chipsets don't really put out a lot of heat so you might want to consider passive cooling it.

I don't think that your card will work in the other slot as it is designed to feed signals over to the other slot's card.

Do you have the 180 or the 1800? If it's the 1800 are you planning on bolting it to the side of the case?

Sonntag, 3. April 2005, 22:47

o right ok thankz - i think i found another company that do a chipset cooler anyway eariler on today.
yer its the 1800 and yes im planning to bolt it to the side of the case.
thankz
ps website looks don

Montag, 4. April 2005, 14:30

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Well...IIRC you may be able to get the chipset cooler in but you might have to orient the connectors so that it's not under the card.

You definately will not get a twinplex onto a DFI NF4 northbridge if using a 6800 card :(
I know AC dont like mentioning other manufacturers on here...but given there is no competition in this particular case, there are 2 blocks from Koolance that will fit the northbridge and work with Aquacomputer 6mm ID tubing, the GPU-180-H06 (Vid) and CHC-A05, MB.

Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005, 17:48

Well i ended up getting the GPU-180-L06 from koolance but it ended up not fitting :-[ - the graphics card (6800) is too long therefore goes over the northbride so i have now realised to get the GPU-180-H06 like stu_allen said in the first place :-X
if only aqua computer did a small version like the koolance (koolance is cheap looking and doesn't look that impressive)

Anyway i have nearly finished my water cooling building after months of problems with my computer etc. only to find out that the ehem pump was faulty :-[ ill post some pictures of once it is finished 8)

Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005, 22:41

Zitat von »boswell«

if only aqua computer did a small version like the koolance (koolance is cheap looking and doesn't look that impressive)

Well I don't like the look as well, but it is solid copper w GOLD plating, has a high turbulence design, has a large surface to water contact area, and flows quite well. ;D