• 14.05.2024, 20:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquastream Dual and TEC's

Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005, 22:47

All righty guys and gals I'm got all my toys together and I'm ready to start drilling and cutting. I have decided to use two Aquatubes in my setup. The black one (will be here next week) will go in the front in the Aquabay and the silver one is going into the middle compartment case floor above the PSU area of my V2000B. I figure that seeing as how it will be sitting on the floor I wouldn't get to enjoy the water follies on the side mounted one very much except when sitting across the room. So the other one will be for my enjoyment when I am sitting at my desk looking through the glass table I got.

My rads are one BI Micro II (dual 80mm) above PSU, one BI Pro 120mm in the front bottom of case just in front of the HDD racks. And of course another 120mm BI Pro in the middle of the case at the exhaust fan port. I figure that should give me great cooling and room to grow as I have been considering using a dual peltier setup with the Twinplex's on my SLI setup. 8) All of the rads and Aquatubes bolts are being changed over to SS button head socket cap screws.

While I'm getting all the rads and Aquatubes in I will think about whether to put this all on one loop or get another Aquastream. I'm interested to hear from others who have ran dual loops or possible running two pumps in the same circuit separated by 1/2 the coolers or even running the two pumps in parallel out of the same reservoir. Tell me all your crazy ideas! :o

I am going to have the following coolers:

CPU: Silver XT
GPU: Twinplex's x 2 (SLI)
NB: Twinplex or Koolance GPU-180-V06
HD: Koolance GPU-50-L06 x 3

So I'm going to be using a total of 7 coolers

Re: Aquastream Dual and TEC's

Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005, 00:28

i was toying with a parallel aquastream setup, but i finally decided that it may put excessive stress on the connectors due to the doubling of the pressure once the two streams join up again. whether that is the case or not, i have no idea, but i would think that the two in series would be better!

the dual loop idea sounds interesting if a little potentially cluttered :-/, although twin pipes running round the case could be an interesting design feature ; 8)

another, probably silly, idea would be to use one pump for the xt and the three twinplex's, and the other to do the hard drives, cos you say you have a rad right by them, so pipe routing wouldn't be too difficult ;D

i've seen sli done in parallel many times, and i think you're a fan of parallelism, so i don't think it'd be a problem for you. the rest should be ok in series tho!

i wish you all the best in you endeavors! ;)

RickCain

Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005, 02:32

I would do two loops for this configuration. My current loop ( pump -> EVO240 -> XT -> Cuplex GPU -> Cuplex NB -> Aqua
Drive Micro) seems to be too much for the setup. My temps are quite high (43c) on the Athlon 64 3500+ with stock voltages. My next indever will be to create a second loop just for the GPU and hard drives while the CPU and NB run a separate loop. I am also tinkering with changing the radiator to BIX Pro's.

Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005, 22:50

Zitat von »RickCain«

I would do two loops for this configuration. My current loop ( pump -> EVO240 -> XT -> Cuplex GPU -> Cuplex NB -> Aqua
Drive Micro) seems to be too much for the setup. My temps are quite high (43c) on the Athlon 64 3500+ with stock voltages. My next indever will be to create a second loop just for the GPU and hard drives while the CPU and NB run a separate loop. I am also tinkering with changing the radiator to BIX Pro's.

Ditch the Evo 240 and I think your flow rates will go up drastically. ;D

Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005, 00:39

Definately go for two loops - if you want low temps to max overclocking potential! I'd put the CPU, chipset and hardrives on one and the GPU's on the other.