• 18.04.2024, 09:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

power supply

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005, 11:44

Hi I am needing to get a new power supply. I would like a fully water cooled one. I need it to be at least 500 W, but I would prefer 600. Any suggestions?

Re: power supply

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005, 12:27

what on earth do you need 600 W for?
besides, this is a manufacturers forum so all advices you will get here is about products from Aquacomputer.
Why not the CoolCurrent (450 W).
BTW: W doesn't give any information about the quality of a PSU...
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005, 12:46

i need a 600 w for a powerful computer (2*6800 gt oc) 3500+ oc 4 hard drives etc. (currently my 480 watt says it isn't supplying enough power to the graphics card :-[) never mind ill ask elsewhere

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005, 16:48

what make is it? it could be a bad quality one!

as Hobbes once said (i think - don't quote me on that ;)):

"a 350W good make PSU is better than a 500W crap make PSU"

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005, 18:00

o no this is a good power supply - Tagan TG480-U01 480W Silent PSU

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005, 21:17

*AOL-voice* You've got KM ::)
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Freitag, 20. Mai 2005, 00:43

Zitat von »HObi-Wan«

what on earth do you need 600 W for?
besides, this is a manufacturers forum so all advices you will get here is about products from Aquacomputer.
Why not the CoolCurrent (450 W).
BTW: W doesn't give any information about the quality of a PSU...

I don't know why he needs one, but I do know why I need one. ;) I had asked a while back about the Cool Current 450 and no one seemed to be able to give me the info I needed so I will ask again. Power as expressed in watts is normally rated at a specific temperature. The problem is that some manufacturers will rate their big bad old 500 watt supplies at say 35 degrees Centigrade. The problem is that most computer PSU's operate at about 45-50 degrees so how you rate your supply can inflate your wattage claims, okay?

So what we need to know is at what temperature does the Cool Current 450 claim to have 450 watts of power? We also need to know how may rails or separate circuits there are for the 12v lines if more than one. How many amps are capable on each voltage circuit as well.

Now as to why we need such powerful PSU's I can only say that big processors, SLI rigs w/ 6800 Ultras, and a lot of 10-15,000 RPM drives makes for some very hungry computer boxes. 8)

Freitag, 20. Mai 2005, 01:16

hurmm yer i have checked the rails on mine and they are fine meaning either my graphic cards is f**ked or the nvidia drivers/software is miss reading the amount of power going into the card.

Freitag, 20. Mai 2005, 01:17

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Now as to why we need such powerful PSU's I can only say that big processors, SLI rigs w/ 6800 Ultras, and a lot of 10-15,000 RPM drives makes for some very hungry computer boxes.

Fit two PSUs then ;)

Freitag, 20. Mai 2005, 08:36

Why when one works fine? Only problem is that manufacturer doesn't seem interested in making an H20 cooled PSU. They say it is a no brainer not to H20 cool a PSU :-/

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 00:51

i have finally resolved my computers problem... i thought the power supply was broken or something... it was my dvd drive doing something werid ... 6 months (started in december 04) of wasted time trying to sort out my computer to find out what was wrong with it ... it wouldn't boot all down to my dvd drive. But now i can show pics of my new computer probably tonight...