• 16.04.2024, 10:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Need Cool Current PSU technical specs...Please?

Montag, 23. Mai 2005, 04:52

I had asked a while back about the Cool Current 450 and no one seemed to be able to give me the info I needed so I will ask again. Power as expressed in watts is normally rated at a specific temperature. The problem is that some manufacturers will rate their big bad old 500 watt supplies at say 35 degrees Centigrade. The problem is that most computer PSU's operate at about 45-50 degrees so how you rate your supply can inflate your wattage claims, okay?

So what we need to know is at what temperature does the Cool Current 450 claim to have 450 watts of power? We also need to know how may rails or separate circuits there are for the 12v lines if more than one. How many amps are capable on each voltage circuit as well?

No one is disputing whether the Cool Current is good PSU or not. ;) We just need some specs to make an informed judgement. :)

Also is the Cool Current PSU capable of running two (2) 6800 Ultra's in SLI, along with say a FX CPU and about five 10-15,000 RPM hard drives + a couple of optical drives? BTW, this is not an uncommon rig here in the USA. :o

Re: Need Cool Current PSU technical specs...Please

Montag, 23. Mai 2005, 18:48

No, this guy had problems trying to run a SLi setup with the Cool Current have a look at his project AlumaxX

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 10:46

Thanks ModSquad for the info! I can't understand why no one wants to give out this kind of info. Does no one in Europe make buying decisions based on technical aspects of PSU's?

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 12:35

Hi,

no manufacturer has the temperature in their specs.

Here are the specs from the Cool Current :

german and english http://www.silentmaxx.de/pdf/watercooled.pdf

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 13:38

Yes they do! Go here and check it out ;D

Thanks for the info though :-*

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 13:43

Hmm,

perhaps here in Europe it´s not necessary to give this spec.

Cheers

Stefan

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005, 13:49

It's not required in the USA either, but if you want the best and your willing to pay for it you want to know these kind of things. Helps weed out the wannabe PSU makers from the pro's that supply PSU's to big server farms and such.