• 20.04.2024, 02:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

aquastream rev. 3.0 vs Eheim 1048

Samstag, 4. Juni 2005, 04:09

right i have an eheim 1048, but i am looking at whether the aquasteam rev 3 is any better... is it? what are the benifits of having the aquastream .. does it work with the aquaero or something? can the same job be completed with the 1048?
Thanks

Ed

Re: aquastream rev. 3.0 vs Eheim 1048

Samstag, 4. Juni 2005, 04:42

The Aquastream can be monitored (status, voltage, consumption, power) and controlled (frequency, deaeration) with the Aquaero.

The pump works with 12 volt from your PSU. It has a deaeration mode which can be activated via a jumper or the Aquaero. The Aquastream works a bit quieter compared to a normal 1046. It can be overclocked via the Aquaero; you are able to change the frequency between 42-74hz (47 is default).

As an example: with default settings I get a flowrate of 34 l/h and with a frequency of 74hz I gain 58 l/h.

The controller has two changeable status LEDs wehre you can see if everything is ok or not ;) If not the red LED will blink an error code.

Samstag, 4. Juni 2005, 16:39

ok thankz.. so if i was considering getting the aquaero.. i guess it would be worth getting the rev 3

Thanks again

Samstag, 4. Juni 2005, 16:50

well you can also order rev.2 it can be overclocked without an Aquaero.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Samstag, 4. Juni 2005, 17:00

o right ok.. i guess by overclocking it like all things it will get hotter? is this a problem or is it limited to be overclock so nothing goes wrong... also by overclocking it is the warrently made invalid?

Samstag, 4. Juni 2005, 17:42

You won't lose the warranty and the pump will not run hotter. Overclocking a pump is a bit different from overclocking a CPU ;)

Samstag, 4. Juni 2005, 17:56

ok cool 8)

shonuff

Montag, 6. Juni 2005, 08:46

Shoggy, when I overclock my Aquastream to 74MHz I get an "Overcurrent" message. Why is that?

Montag, 6. Juni 2005, 16:39

The arrows on the right hand edge of the large vertical bar graph look like they denote the upper and lower safety margins, you could try moving the upper one up a little, past the top of the bar. :-/

Montag, 6. Juni 2005, 16:47

You can't move them ;)

shonuff

Montag, 6. Juni 2005, 18:27

Why do you get the "Overcurrent" message when you set the pump to 74Hz? According to the published specs 74Hz is still within the normal operating frequency of the pump. ???

I just want to make sure I am not damaging my pump. This Aquastream will power a dual loop SLI system with a Cuplex XT in the second loop. As you see from the above pics the system is at 41L/h at 74Hz. That was when I was testing the system using a Cuplex Pro.

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 15:33

Mine does the same, but is fine at 73. I'll live with that ;)