• 19.04.2024, 09:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

twinplex size of bottom?

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 00:36

does anybody know how big the bottom contact plate is on the twinplex for ati cards?

here is a pic:

looks smaller than the normal one:

the reason i need to know is my ongoing, if a little pointless, quest to water cool a Via 1.2GHz cpu which is 35mmx35mm.

given the small size of the Via Epia motherboards (17cmx17cm!) i wanted to keep the thing as flat as possible, height wise, to make a nice low profile case for it. ;D

this is why i was looking at the twinplex for ati graphics cards, because the connectors come out of the sides.

obviously though, if the base isn't the full size of the water block, i don't really want to use it, unless anyone knows that it'd be safe?

Re: twinplex size of bottom?

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:05

The ATI twinplex has the same height as the normal Twinplex. The only difference is the cut-out on the bottom.

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:11

Zitat

The ATI twinplex has the same height as the normal Twinplex.

i meant that the connectors came out of the side!  ;D i.e. the overall height is lower.

can you get that top to fit the normal twinplex then?

cheers

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:22

Ahhh, you meant the plexi. I thought you were talking about the copper-bottom ::)

Yes, you can get this top as a sparepart.

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:29

Zitat

Ahhh, you meant the plexi. I thought you were talking about the copper-bottom

i kinda was  :-[

i thought the ati twinplex was the only one with the holes on the side of the plexi, oops.

cheers once again Shoggy

edit: ps whereabouts in the shop are they? or can i just order a twinplex with one already on it?

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:55

The plexi-top ist not in the shop but you can get one if you ask.

In the shop below the infotext you have a dropdown menu. At "Deckel" you have to choose "Grafikkarte (+2,00 Euro)" and the picture should change to..

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 17:49

Excellent! cheers Shogg-meister!