• 23.04.2024, 09:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

twinplex size of bottom?

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 00:36

does anybody know how big the bottom contact plate is on the twinplex for ati cards?

here is a pic:

looks smaller than the normal one:

the reason i need to know is my ongoing, if a little pointless, quest to water cool a Via 1.2GHz cpu which is 35mmx35mm.

given the small size of the Via Epia motherboards (17cmx17cm!) i wanted to keep the thing as flat as possible, height wise, to make a nice low profile case for it. ;D

this is why i was looking at the twinplex for ati graphics cards, because the connectors come out of the sides.

obviously though, if the base isn't the full size of the water block, i don't really want to use it, unless anyone knows that it'd be safe?

Re: twinplex size of bottom?

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:05

The ATI twinplex has the same height as the normal Twinplex. The only difference is the cut-out on the bottom.

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:11

Zitat

The ATI twinplex has the same height as the normal Twinplex.

i meant that the connectors came out of the side!  ;D i.e. the overall height is lower.

can you get that top to fit the normal twinplex then?

cheers

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:22

Ahhh, you meant the plexi. I thought you were talking about the copper-bottom ::)

Yes, you can get this top as a sparepart.

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:29

Zitat

Ahhh, you meant the plexi. I thought you were talking about the copper-bottom

i kinda was  :-[

i thought the ati twinplex was the only one with the holes on the side of the plexi, oops.

cheers once again Shoggy

edit: ps whereabouts in the shop are they? or can i just order a twinplex with one already on it?

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 01:55

The plexi-top ist not in the shop but you can get one if you ask.

In the shop below the infotext you have a dropdown menu. At "Deckel" you have to choose "Grafikkarte (+2,00 Euro)" and the picture should change to..

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 17:49

Excellent! cheers Shogg-meister!