• 20.04.2024, 06:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

cleaning the block

Samstag, 11. Juni 2005, 14:21

hi i bought a chipset cooler ( twinplex ) a while ago and it didn't fit so its just been lieing around my room for a while, but one day i would like to use it on a different computer.... but the underside and around the edges (where all the copper is) it has got very dirty, nearly black ??? are there any cleaning products to use on it to clean it to make it near shiny again?

Thanks Ed

Re: cleaning the block

Samstag, 11. Juni 2005, 14:44

Will you can clean the copper with lemon acid.
but only the copper.

Put it in the acid for round about 15- 20min and than you put the copper under water to get the rest of the acid away.
After this you can rebuilt your Twinplex.

I hope that you understand my English.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Samstag, 11. Juni 2005, 14:50

yer i understand your english :P

thanks for the help/tip

Ed

Samstag, 11. Juni 2005, 17:10

your welcome ;D
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Samstag, 11. Juni 2005, 21:08

After you go through cleaning it with citric acid please only touch the block with latex gloves on. It is the chemicals in your fingers that turn the block that greenish black color. :)