• 18.04.2024, 09:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

fans: blowing or sucking?

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2005, 15:18

i have the 1800 rad attached to my computer with 2 (and growing) fans on it.. Now do you think it would be best to suck air from my room into the rad or suck air from the rad pushing air into my room.

If i was to suck from my room into the rad then i think the air (now warm air) might rebound off my case and then hit the rad on the other side...but on the right side to my rad i have my desks side wall, and so if i was to suck air from the rad surely it would only do the same thing and rebound off the desk into the rad :-/ any suggestions? Thanks

Ed

Re: fans: blowing or sucking?

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2005, 15:36

from the Airplex to your room is a lower nois.
But the other way is better for the temp (but only 2 degris)

Why do you wants to use such a big radiator and fans anyway?
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2005, 18:15

ok thanks,

my room is very warm that is why i need fans... i felt it last time my computer worked :-/ and it was quite warm. I think the fan should help it quite a lot.

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2005, 19:27

its better do blow the hot air out of your pc. There are many parts which heat up beside the watercooled components.

But you should mount the fans on the outside of your radiator so that they suck the air through the radiator. This way the air is not as much concentrated as it is if the air is blown through. As a result there is much less disturbing noise produced by the airflow hitting the airplex..

hope you understand what i'm sayin'

good:

PC | airplex | fan ----airflow--->

bad:

PC &#124; airplex &#124; fan <----airflow---
PC &#124; fan &#124; airplex ----airflow--->

Even if your room is quite warm, i bet inside your pc it is getting even warmer after about an hour
"When mountains speak, wise men listen" - John Muir

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2005, 20:46

o right ok thankz -
yer i have got it set up in PC &#124; airplex &#124; fan ----airflow--->
but i have a wall next to the fan...
PC &#124; airplex &#124; fan &#124; wall ----airflow--->

therefore i was thinking that the air might rebound off the wall and back into the airplex... possibly making the fans less useful than having any at all

Samstag, 2. Juli 2005, 16:23

how far is the wall away from the fans?

if its more than 5cm (~2 inches) then it'll be fine

And even if not:
The problem with the rebounding air does not depend on where the fans are placed. The only difference would be that the air rebounds two times if you place the fans inside the case: the first time off the airplex and the second time off the wall.

therefore it's always better to let the fans suck the air through the airplex
"When mountains speak, wise men listen" - John Muir