• 25.04.2024, 04:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Radiator questions - flushing and the water jacket

Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005, 13:34

Hi,
Have a rad thats been sat around for a month or so, open to the air, that i'm going to use on a new rig. Given how much gunk has appeared in the centre of a cuplex pro in the meantime, i'm wondering if the same is happening in the rad.

So, firstly, what is the waterjacket of the rad? Is the water only in the tubes, with the fins brazed on (in which case algae growth wont be too bad, and a simple water flush will shift it)?
Or are the fins part of the waterjacket itself? (In which case it could be baaaad!)

If the latter, whats the best way to flush the rad, without causing corrosion damage? Ive heard of peroxide being used, but am not sure.

Re: Radiator questions - flushing and the water ja

Samstag, 2. Juli 2005, 15:45

i believe that the AC rads are all tubes, with the fins soldered on, so no worries there.  ;D

As for the 'gunk' you mention, there won't be any algae in the rad if you have just left it open to the air! that needs water to grow in. However, you may have some corrosion.

Not sure of the best way to clean it out. there are methods of cleaning waterblocks with citric acid, and even tomato ketchup, so i guess you could try those (i'd recommend not using the ketchup method in the rad tho!).

hope this helps!

Samstag, 2. Juli 2005, 18:47

I think i'm just going to pump some 50deg c water through it for a few hours and see how that goes!

Sonntag, 3. Juli 2005, 16:36

Take a clue from the automotive community and after you flush do a reverse flush. :)

Sonntag, 3. Juli 2005, 19:23

Whats that topnurse? Is it just pumping round in the other direction?

Montag, 4. Juli 2005, 08:51

After flushing it just flush in the opposite direction and it will flush out the stuff that got caught going the other way around. 8)