• 24.04.2024, 21:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Re: Aquatube reservoir

Montag, 18. April 2005, 03:43

The third line is what us Americans call a compression fitting. You can see one here at Sharka Corp. It shows a 8mm ID x 10mm OD fitting though this one has a G 1/4 thread on it and is not compatible with A-C equipment except for their radiators. The one provided by A-C is the same 8mm x 10mm except it has a G 1/8 thread which would make it compatible with their equipment. I suppose they have these available so that their equipment is compatible with their competitor Innovatek though that is just a guess. ;D

Montag, 18. April 2005, 11:07

Alrighty then!
Thanks for the help people! Much appreciated.
Okay, I'll have to find out wether the diameter is the inner or the outer. Hmm... I thought they standarized it, just in plumbing. I guess the diameter is the outer one. In that case I'll have to use option number 3. And if it is the inner diameter is 10 mm, I'll have to use option number 4. Clear! :)
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 02:12

timstone here is a good website that may have what you want: http://www.rs-components.com/index.html on the english site switches are found in: automation/switches/push-button switches. here they do do a touch sensitive switch, which is in black anodised aluminium, but it doesn't have any illumination, which i assume you want.

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 11:12

Great stuff Mr_ModnaR! Thanks for the link. It even has a site entirely in Dutch. Thanks!
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 11:40

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

timstone here is a good website that may have what you want: http://www.rs-components.com/index.html[/quote]

Hey! Thanks so much for the link. I thought these guys had gone bye bye and as it turns out they were just hiding ??? I used to buy from them before Radio Shack bought them out back in the 60-70's.

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 16:36

no probs guys. as well as the switches, they also do all sorts of bolts and screws etc. they even do socket headed bolts that match the ones used by aquacomputer, so you can make all your bolts match!

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 19:12

Hi again,

Okay, now I've started building my watercooled beast I have some questions about the installation of the reservoir.
I bought, the black reservoir, the spülleiting and a blue LED.
Where do I put the spülleitung and where should I put the light for maximum effect?

Oh, in and earlier post in this thread I read that the spülleiting is used for defogging the reservoir. Does this mean I have to let it open all the time, or that I have to open it once in a while (when the reservoir starts to fog again)?

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 21:17

well, my "spülleitung" is mounted in the center of the ground. fixing the led in the lowest whole on the side will bring you the best effect i think. i installed both like i said and it's really nice. it is not nessescary ( ::)) to open your resevoir several times. the use of the "spülleitung" is making away the drops of the window and i have never heard before of fog in a tube.

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 21:58

Thanks for the reply!
I know fog is a bit of a stupid term but I could think of a better term on short notice. But what I really wanted to know if I should close the spülleitung (this time I don't know the correct English translation :-/) or leave it open.
I think I'll play around with the LED a bit to get the best result. But thanks for the suggestion.

And a question not related to watercooling.
What do the statistics in your sig mean? From which game are they (if it is from a game)?

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 22:12

i don't know waht you mean about closing of the spülleitung (i really like this translation ;D). do you mean that the water does not reach the window or something like that ????

sig: battlefield 2 ;D

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 22:40

Well on the back of the spülleitung there is room to put in one of those things you use to close off the other holes in the reservoir. Should I put one of them in the spülleitung or should I leave it open?

Aha, Battelfield 2. Never played it, I'm crazy about turnbased games like Space Empires.

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 22:55

let it open. just connect your water circle output with the spülleitung and enjoy the scenery ;D . with an LED it looks really beautiful, if you wish, i may upload a photo of my spülleitung with an blue LED.

i played turnbased games like that one year ago. but standing up in the night for an attack or a raid was a little bit too much. i decided so after some weeks :P

Montag, 18. Juli 2005, 23:02

Hmm, please upload some pics. I'm very interested. Could you also show how you've connected the reservoir (LED, spülleitung, outlet)?

Edit: I'm hitting the sack in about ten minutes, so hopefully I cans ee/read you next post tomorrow. 8)

Getting up in the night for a raid?? What are you talking about. You can only play SE IV via e-mail, so every turn (e-mail) is processed by the server and every player gets his new turn by e-mail again. So you could get up in the middle of the night, but you could also wait untill morning (as long as you don't forget the deadline). Remember, turnbased stands for rest and depth in the game.  :)

Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2005, 14:59

fabelmann:
I hope you still plan to post those pics. Pretty please?

Montag, 25. Juli 2005, 18:26

first of all: sorry

my camera had some probs with the memory stick and after walking to a shop i decided to make the pics with my mobile phone.

that's the tube with the blue LED in the middle of the right side.

i'm looking for a maglite to make the connectors a little bit more bright, so that you can see the connectors. i fixed the LED with tape (simple but good, like McGyver)

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2005, 18:52

Thanks for posting the pic! I hope your camera can be fixed.
Amazing what telephones can do these days.
So the LED is on the right hand side of this pic?

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2005, 19:30

sorry, i was wrong, the left site. you can also see it. it is mounted in the middle of the side holes in the resevoir.

add:

well, after visiting the next mall, i#m able now to use the real camera again and to take some pics. enjoy them:

the incoming water with the "spülleitung" (still loving this translation :D )

the outgoing water to the aquastream

and the LED, fixed with tape

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2005, 19:58

Fantastic images! Top notch!  8)
Okay, so you use the spülleitung (it's the word used in the online shop. Great word. :) ) as inlet for the reservoir and the outlet is one of the lower holes of the reservoir.
Hmm.. not trying to be a copycat, but I think I'll do the same.
Thank you very much for posting these illuminating pics.
Absolutely great!

Edit:
Cool, I'm a Full Member now. Yehaa!