• 01.06.2024, 03:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Screws

Freitag, 26. August 2005, 19:42

Hi all,

I have a question about the screws supplied with the Aquatube reservoir.
I really like those screws and decided to fasten my radiator with them as well. But then I ran into a problem, I couldn't find the screws. So my question is: Where do I find those nice screws?! ???
I need two different lengths, 7 mm and 70 mm. The longest length is a tricky one, I know. :-/
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Re: Screws

Freitag, 26. August 2005, 20:57

If we are talking about the "Airplex" then it is quiet easy: the "Interne Halterung" (intern mountin-kit) is delivered with that kind of screws. (If you mean the kind with 6 corners)

I hope, that you can understand my English.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Freitag, 26. August 2005, 21:06

I mean the screws displayed in your signature. :)
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Freitag, 26. August 2005, 22:45

70mm lol what ya fixing it to ?? a house brick is only 65mm high :o ;D

ive been told the correct name is a socket cap screw, but id call 'em socket hex bolts. the ones supplied with AC stuff are stainless steel. google should find a supplier.

Freitag, 26. August 2005, 22:58

Zitat von »Timstone«

I mean the screws displayed in your signature. :)

I, too.

Every other discription: see above.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Freitag, 26. August 2005, 22:58

Zitat von »Ze@lot«

70mm lol what ya fixing it to ?? a house brick is only 65mm high :o ;D

ive been told the correct name is a socket cap screw, but id call 'em socket hex bolts. the ones supplied with AC stuff are stainless steel. google should find a supplier.

70 mm = just under 3 inches which is not very long. One inch = 25.4mm. The correct pronunciation is a socket head cap screw. F.I if you wanted a M3 x 10 buttonhead you would call it a M3 x 10mm buttonhead socket head cap screw and everyone would know what you wanted. The screws used by Aqua Computer are called low profile socket head cap screws and they are made out of stainless steel. The buttonhead, low profile, and regualar profile screws are available throughout the world. I got my metric stainless steel button head socket cap screws from McMaster Carr here in the states.

Freitag, 26. August 2005, 23:32

i changed all my bolts to buttonheads today, grills & all ;D.
but i had to change the bolts back on the aquatube in the
end. just didn't look like a aquatube without them ::)

Samstag, 27. August 2005, 21:42

Haha... thanks for all the chatter.
Unfortunately (well, unfortunately... ;) ) I don't live "The States", so I have to find a supplier in my own country. Ordering the screws would take faar too long. I found the correct Dutch translation for them as well, so now I only have to find a supplier. I aslready tried 5 different shops, from hardware shops to electronics shops. None of them could supply me the screws. I have only two options left (well, three if you count suicide :) ). Or I could use different screws, which is not an option for me.
I'll let you people know where I got them. Might be handy for people from Holland.
I'll be in touch.

P.S. I want to use the screws to fasten my radiator and fans to my case.
P.P.S. Please get off that horrible imperialistic system and start useing the metric system, much more useful. Please don't get angry with this remark, consider it a little nudge towards civilization... ;D 8)

Montag, 29. August 2005, 20:38

Top_Nurse:
What is the maximum length "low head socket cap screws" you could buy at McMaster Carr (in metric measurements)?

I've done quite a few searched by now and the biggest length I could find is 50mm. Now that isn't much of a problem for someone with a welding apparatus, but it isn't very convenient. Stupid big ass radiator... ;)

Montag, 29. August 2005, 23:45

Zitat von »Timstone«

Top_Nurse:
What is the maximum length "low head socket cap screws" you could buy at McMaster Carr (in metric measurements)?

It is 60mm. See McMaster-Carr page # 2939. However, you can extend the length with the use of a threaded stand-off. See page # 3047. :)

Mittwoch, 31. August 2005, 13:07

Thanks for the info Top_Nurse!
I finally found a supplier for my screws. Unfortunately 70 mm doesn't exist. So I solved the problem to buy a 40 mm screw and weld a 30 mm set screw onto it.
The supplier btw is Borstlap (http://www.borstlap.nl). A familiar name in Holland.

Mittwoch, 31. August 2005, 13:20

Top_Nurse:
I've looked through your site, but couldn't see any pics of you. Do you have any posted on the net? :)