• 19.04.2024, 05:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Multi CPU spaghetti mayhem!

Samstag, 10. September 2005, 21:27

Hi all....

If one were to use water cooling on a multi cpu setup, would it be better to setup each cpu with it's own pump, and then send the heated water to a manifold which would then pass the water to a large rad, or just use the one pump and use the manifold idea?

ps, i'm talking of 10+ cpus in one w/c setup, not two or something easy like that. ;)

cheers

Re: Multi CPU spaghetti mayhem!

Samstag, 10. September 2005, 21:31

i would say you should try it with one pump, and if it doenst work good enough then use your second methode

Samstag, 10. September 2005, 22:36

When you use a pump like an Laing DDC you can plug all CPUs in a Row, with "smaller" pumps like the Aquastream, whatever, you could make a row out of 5 Pumps, so two rows with two pumps for 10 CPUs :).

Edit: What kind of CPUs? Noconas with 130 Watt of Heat each wouldn't live very long, if you put more than ~3 in a row ::).
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Sonntag, 11. September 2005, 05:11

Which block are talking about?

Sonntag, 11. September 2005, 13:37

Zitat

What kind of CPUs? Noconas with 130 Watt of Heat each wouldn't live very long, if you put more than ~3 in a row

Zitat

Which block are talking about?

Calm now children....

the cpu's i'll be using will be low power Via C3s. All will be cooled using a twinplex, the only real problem is whether or not i can make the twinplex fit, as the mounting holes for the cpu heatsink are in what appears to be a similar position to the ati twinplex mounting plate, but i am not sure, so i don't want to go ahead and order ten of these things before i know i can mount a twinplex on them. they are also available in silent versions without a heatsink fan, but i kinda wanted to go for the fastest ones, and give myself a brain mush by trying to work out the pipe routing for a w/c setup. ;D

Sonntag, 11. September 2005, 21:33

it is the best to install all coolers in a row.

whenever the circuit is splittet, it is not effective. when there is used only one pumpe you can't control where the water flows, and when each circuit gets his own pump it's expensive.

when you're using only some via C3, i think it would be the best, to install them in one circuit.
von all den dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen,
habe ich am meisten an meinem Verstand gehangen

Sonntag, 11. September 2005, 22:30

Ok, many thanks for the advice guys! Now comes the other problem of finding out which twinplex plate fits this cpu!  ???

Here is a pic of a mounting plate that does fit, although it's for another cooling method. the large cylinder of aluminium on the left transfers the heat from the cpu to the case. the mounting plate is on the bottom right. Any ideas?: