• 23.04.2024, 11:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

airplex heat disspation specifications

Mittwoch, 21. September 2005, 19:46

hi, i 've just bought an airplex evo 160, and i'm recalculating the heat production of my system, to see if I need an additional radiator. But, to calculate it, I need to know the the amount of watts or the kcals per hour that can pass through this radiator. Does anybody accidentally knows this?
Thanks

Re: airplex heat disspation specifications

Freitag, 23. September 2005, 01:34

there is no specific amount given by AC.

the problem is, that it depends not only of the watts you put in, but also on the amount and temprature of the air you're using to cool the system down. the temprature which you want to reach after cooling influences also the power of the radiator.

in a normal system 2 80mm fans should be enough, to cool it down.

if you want it, just list your componets here, and we will tell you, if the evo160 is enough or not.
von all den dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen,
habe ich am meisten an meinem Verstand gehangen

Freitag, 23. September 2005, 11:28

OK, here's the list of components:
-amd athlon 64 x2 4400+ (core can be overclocked to 2.6 ghz @ 1.5 volt)-> toledo core
-xfx geforce 6800GT (stock overclocking: 425/1250)-> waterblok: aqua aquagraFX rev 2
-nvidia nforce 4 sli
-the evo 160 has 2 fans mounted, both running at 2400rpm
the normal case temperature is around 28 while all the components are air-cooled, so I guess it will be 24 with all the components water-cooled

Will this little radiator be able to do away with all the heat produced by these components?

Freitag, 23. September 2005, 16:32

:-/ Hmmm, i'd say you're push ing it a little.

What case do you have? is there no more room for anything else, radiator-wise?

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 00:35

the case is a chieftec bx-01B midi tower
The cooler is attached to the back 2*80 mm fans. I drilled holes to make it fit, because the fans use a plastic holder and a case-mounted finger guard.
I have one free fan left: a 120 mm near the hard disks. The other ones are blowing the heat in the computer instead of out. The free space I have over there is 5.5 cm, so this is not enough to fit a 120 mm radiator and a fan. The only solution is to use a passive radiator instead of an active one

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 00:47

unless you have your/a bigger different rad external and mount it by drilling holes...

I think you would need a bigger rad than the 160 especially because you are ocing... I would go for the 360.. but thats just me...

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 06:45

the 360 is overkill imo...

a 120 is fine if you can live with higher temperatures

a 240 is perfect for your needs

a 360 is overkill or suitable if you intend to run your fans at 5v all the time.

a 160? like the others have said.. i reckon you are pushing it... i'm bordering on the line of nope, it won't work.

but the choice is up to you, always try to go for the biggest to you get based on your budget/space restrictions.

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 07:15

if you have such a case, i think it is the best to mount an evo240 in it.

if this is not possible, try to mount at least another 120 or 160 radiator. this will give you enough power to cool your system down, and have it still quiet
von all den dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen,
habe ich am meisten an meinem Verstand gehangen

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 10:37

an evo 240 will not fit, a 360 neither
but, according to what you've said, I can see 3 solutions:
-i use a 120 mm rad and mount it at the 120 mm fan on my enermax noisetaker 600w (the air is taken from the radiator and goes inside the psu)
-I use the free space for a 120 mm fan at the hard disks, and I mount the fan externally, but this is quite a difficult solution (removing the finger-guard, drilling holes for the fan cable, ...)
-I buy a number of CORA 142's and mount them at the side of my case. 6 cora's seem to perform better than a black ice xtreme radiator.
Now, can anyone please tell me which solution is the best and if it is number 3, how many cora's I will need?

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 11:24

Zitat von »Jpsollie«

an evo 240 will not fit, a 360 neither
but, according to what you've said, I can see 3 solutions:
-i use a 120 mm rad and mount it at the 120 mm fan on my enermax noisetaker 600w (the air is taken from the radiator and goes inside the psu)
-I use the free space for a 120 mm fan at the hard disks, and I mount the fan externally, but this is quite a difficult solution (removing the finger-guard, drilling holes for the fan cable, ...)
-I buy a number of CORA 142's and mount them at the side of my case. 6 cora's seem to perform better than a black ice xtreme radiator.
Now, can anyone please tell me which solution is the best and if it is number 3, how many cora's I will need?

Since this is a manufacturer's forum I don't think anyone will be offering any advice up on another manufacturer's product. Given the limited options you have I would opt for the 120 blowing on the HD's. However the PSU idea has merit too as they normally suck up a lot of case heat anyway. The best thing is to get a different case that better supports watercooling.

Samstag, 24. September 2005, 12:58

I don't like to change my case. I made already a lot of efforts to make it good-looking and I don't want to change it.
Here's what I 'll do:
I'll connect a 120 mm to my power supply
if I ever buy another 6800GT to work in SLI, i'll attach one to the HD's.
so far, I think it will be sufficient to cool the system down. Thanks for your help

Sonntag, 25. September 2005, 08:59

Zitat von »Jpsollie«

I don't like to change my case. I made already a lot of efforts to make it good-looking and I don't want to change it.
Here's what I 'll do:
I'll connect a 120 mm to my power supply
if I ever buy another 6800GT to work in SLI, i'll attach one to the HD's.
so far, I think it will be sufficient to cool the system down. Thanks for your help

Sounds good! How about posting some pics of what you do?

Dienstag, 27. September 2005, 14:49

he's talking about BTU's, also the energy dissipated at certain airflow. HWLabs include this information for the radiators.

Mittwoch, 28. September 2005, 14:53

Zitat von »gezzas525«

he's talking about BTU's, also the energy dissipated at certain airflow. HWLabs include this information for the radiators.

If you look at the second post in this thread you will see that quoting those specs is somewhat dubious.