• 25.04.2024, 09:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

triple floppy drive quandary

Donnerstag, 29. September 2005, 01:37

no, it's not the new ben and jerry's ice cream flavour.

i've got a lian-li 6085A case:

the problem:

behind the three 3 1/2" drive spaces, there was a cage to hold the three drives. luckily this was removable by undoing three thumbscrews. i took it out, because this was where i have installed my aquastream all snug in its full metal jacket.

now i am left with a triple-floppy-drive-shaped hole with about 24mm or an inch depth inwards from the front of the case. the lack of depth means i cannot install any kind of floppy drive sized memory card reader etc.

i've thought about an lcd screen, just wanted to see if you people came up with some other crazy shizzle that was doable!

cheers in advance!

Re: triple floppy drive quandary

Donnerstag, 29. September 2005, 01:50

install an aquatube und replace the pump in an other direction

Donnerstag, 29. September 2005, 02:04

there is nowhere else it can go unfortunately!

this is quite a small case, and very cramped already, with a dual aquadrive, dvd writer and aquaero taking up all of the 5 1/4" drive slots.

the pci slots will almost all be used too, so i cannot mount the pump on the floor. :(

up in the top of the case is my aquatube, where the old blowhole used to be.

so you can see why i took out the 3 1/2" drive cage, and put my pump in there instead!

Donnerstag, 29. September 2005, 11:04

hhmmm, what kind of radiator are you using?

Donnerstag, 29. September 2005, 16:52

using two evo160s.

one at the front, where you can see the inlets on the pic above, and one at the back of the case, where there was originally one 80mm fan hole, but now there are two!