• 23.04.2024, 12:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

SNTmods

Aquatube Copper Special Edition

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2005, 00:21

I am very interested in getting one of these Special Edition Aquatubes. Is it still available and if so, at what cost? My distributor doesnt have any pricing on it.

-Dan
SNTsystems
Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.

Re: Aquatube Copper Special Edition

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2005, 00:29

It's isn't available and will not be produced again because there were several problems...
For example: the tool-head(?) broken off several times :-/

damado

Montag, 7. Februar 2005, 23:07

Zitat von »SNTmods«

I am very interested in getting one of these Special Edition Aquatubes. Is it still available and if so, at what cost? My distributor doesnt have any pricing on it.

-Dan
SNTsystems

Is there a link to a picture of this?

Dienstag, 8. Februar 2005, 00:11

SNTmods

Dienstag, 8. Februar 2005, 04:43

It is very attractive, too bad I wont be able to get one for my next display computer. :p

-Dan
Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.

Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2005, 04:31

A.. The CopperTube........
My Precious ;D ;)

http://forum.aqua-computer.de/index.php?…&threadID=85668

mfg,

ThaDog
Ich hasse Apple ;) --- 15" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 4,0 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GT 750M mit 2 GB GDDR5 --- 13" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 3,0 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 3,5 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD --- iPad mini "White", 64 GB Wifi --- iPhone 6, 128 GB "White" --- Apple TV (2012) --- Airport Extreme --- Time Capsule 2 TB --- Apple Rockt :thumbsup: --- 05.10.2011 - R.I.P. Steve Jobs :(

Dienstag, 31. Mai 2005, 10:48

Zitat von »Shoggy«

It's isn't available and will not be produced again because there were several problems...
For example: the tool-head(?) broken off several times :-/

Please don't shoot me for ressurecting this old thread. :-X

You say the tool head broke off several times? Copper is difficult to machine with normal tools because it tends to be gummy. It takes a certain rake or cutting angle of the tool to work properly. Standard indexable insert technology generally doesn't work well because the material builds up on the tool point and breaks the tool. So if this was the problem then would you be willing to produce this again if the right tooling was available?

Dienstag, 31. Mai 2005, 16:22

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Please don't shoot me for ressurecting this old thread. :-X

You say the tool head broke off several times? Copper is difficult to machine with normal tools because it tends to be gummy. It takes a certain rake or cutting angle of the tool to work properly. Standard indexable insert technology generally doesn't work well because the material builds up on the tool point and breaks the tool. So if this was the problem then would you be willing to produce this again if the right tooling was available?

I don't know if this really was the problem, but how is it, the there aren't problems with the copper while producing Cuplexs/Twinplexs - they're made out of a copper-block, too ::).
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Dienstag, 31. Mai 2005, 23:05

Zitat von »x-stars«

I don't know if this really was the problem, but how is it, the there aren't problems with the copper while producing Cuplexs/Twinplexs - they're made out of a copper-block, too ::).

Milling is a different issue due to tool clearance allowing the chips to get out of the way. Turning tools, especially ID boring operations, get tricky because the tool is in the cut continously till the machine moves out of the cut. An end or face mill only cuts a few .001" per tooth and moves in and out of the cut very fast.

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005, 01:03

couldn't they cast the basic shape, and then finish it off on the lathe? that way the tool would have to do less work.

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005, 09:53

Sounds expensive

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005, 16:42

true, but i'm sure they could contract the casting to a professional foundry, and do it as a large batch, thus keeping costs down!

i'm sure there's lot of people who would pay a little extra for one of these Aquatubes! ;)

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005, 17:29

I don't know how pure the 'high purity 99.9%' copper that AC use is but from here-

Pure copper is extremely difficult to cast as well as being prone to surface cracking, porosity problems, and to the formation of internal cavities.

I suspect the casting process alone might push the price of these above what most are prepared to pay, if you factor in the price increase due to the probable amount of failures and reworks due to casting problems, the whole thing is likely to be a non-starter.

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005, 21:00

oh well, nevermind. :(

guess some'll turn up on ebay at some point! ;D

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2005, 23:01

I'd put a little side bet on one fetching more than it cost new if one ever does turn up for auction. ;D

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005, 01:50

ok, and if you win, you can use that money to buy me it, deal? ;D

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005, 02:25

Erm... ???

I'll tell you what. If one does come up for auction, I'll stop bidding on it once it goes past what is cost new.

Then you're golden ;D

Montag, 17. Oktober 2005, 11:24

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

I'd put a little side bet on one fetching more than it cost new if one ever does turn up for auction. ;D

You know something we don't know?

Montag, 17. Oktober 2005, 12:21

No mining for copper topics here.

Just let old topics disappear if nothing important happens.

Closed

Stefan