• 25.04.2024, 07:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dual LED Aquaero question

Montag, 17. Oktober 2005, 12:26

Anyone know if I can run two or three sets of Aquaero Dual LED's off the same Aquaero LED connector?

I have three Aquatubes in FF and it would be nice if I could have the same lighting in all three if possible.

Re: Dual LED Aquaero question

Montag, 17. Oktober 2005, 13:39

As far as I know is it possible to connect at least 2 LEDs per connector (=4 LEDs=2 Dual-LEDs).
If you wish to connect more, you can do it by
1) using the multiswitch
2) using a small circuit with an opto-coppler (is this english? ::))
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Montag, 17. Oktober 2005, 16:35

Zitat

opto-coppler (is this english? ::) )

opto-coupler (this is english ;D)

(or opto-isolator)

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2005, 11:37

I forgot all about opto-couplers as I hadn't used them in a few years. They were used in my astronomy camera to connect it to an autoguider circuit on my mount. Isn't the opto-coupler either on or off only? I didn't think you could modulate the device so as to get a variable output. Or is there some way around this?

Will the Multiswitch give me the same dual LED light change from green > yellow > red as the Aquaero is programmable to do?

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2005, 13:16

Zitat

Will the Multiswitch give me the same dual LED light change from green > yellow > red as the Aquaero is programmable to do?

In the product description it's said, that the LED-connectors are dimable - I have no clue if there is a chance to dimm the LEDs by temperature, but if it's not already done, I'm pretty sure it will be done ::).
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2005, 10:57

Zitat

Isn't the opto-coupler either on or off only?

yes i thought that too...

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2005, 09:36

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

yes i thought that too...

I have to call my friend Sheila up at CSULA and ask her as she is an electrical engineer. I think there might be a way to modulate the opto-coupler with an analog signal. Let you know in a few days if it is possible.

Samstag, 22. Oktober 2005, 15:39

Okay I need to know some more technical info about the LED output of the Aquaero. Is it a PWM or analog output?

IOW, what is changing when the Aquaero commands a dim or brighten sequence? Voltage or PWM?

Samstag, 22. Oktober 2005, 20:28

almost definately, i'd guess analog.

if it were PWM, then you'd notice the leds flickering like an old tv set out of the corner of your eye!

Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2005, 12:30

Okay assuming it is analog then what is the maximum milliamps that the circuit can take without letting the magic smoke out? IIRC the Aquaero LED output is extremely bright. So much so that I decided to run my LEDS in through the sides of the Aquatubes. So I am wondering if the circuit can handle three pairs of LED's (6 total) at a less ampount of brightness?

Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2005, 14:21

well you could measure the single led's current draw, and then calculate what resistor you have to put in to keep it the same for three. (i assume you mean six leds as in three on each channel?)