• 16.04.2024, 12:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

More on Tubemeters

Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005, 11:49

So does anyone know what the Tubemeter Aquabus cable is for? Looks kind of like a USB with a power connector attached? Are all Tubemeters USB devices? Do I have to have the Aquabus cable + the USB cable?

Re: More on Tubemeters

Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005, 14:17

When you order a tubemeter, you get the tubemeter and a USB-Connection-cable.
But if you have an aquaero, you might have the wish to connect the tubemeter to the aquaero _instead_ to the usb-port - then you must add the auqabus-cable to your order.

Id the tubemeter is installed to the usb-port, it will be an own device in the aquasuite (like the aquaero).
If it's installed to the aquaero, it will be shown in the Tab "Tubemeter" in the Aquaero-Part.
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Beun

Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005, 20:28

With the auqabus-cable can it be mounted directly to the aquaearo? or do you need a auqabus?

Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005, 20:49

The aquaero has a aquabus connector. You can use this connector to add several aquabus devices like multiswitch, tubemeter etc. There can be up to 64 devices at the aquabus. You don't need more than aquaero, aquabus-cable and the tubemeter. The cable for the tubemeter is special, because the aquabus doesn't supply the tubemeter with power (USB does it). So you also have to connect it to the PSU.

The firmware of the tubemeter detects if it is connected to the aquabus or USB. So you don't need other tubemeter versions and you are free to change it to USB at any time.

Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005, 22:15

So what is the best way to hook it up?

Beun

Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005, 23:07

Thanks Stephan, finally I understand. I'll order it this weekend :)

Freitag, 28. Oktober 2005, 15:24

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

So what is the best way to hook it up?

I would guess the aquabus, because you can add it to your "emergency shutdown settings" (so the aquaero can shutdown your PC when the tube loses his content :D).

Freitag, 28. Oktober 2005, 15:40

Zitat von »x-stars«

I would guess the aquabus, because you can add it to your "emergency shutdown settings" (so the aquaero can shutdown your PC when the tube loses his content :D).

Thanks for the answer. :)

So how do I wire multiple Tubemeters to the Aquabus? The cable set I ordered only had what looked like one set of connectors. Can I wire that in parallel to another Tubemeter and have it recognized as an independent device?

Dienstag, 1. November 2005, 10:53

^^^ Anyone?

Do I also gather I can use the Tubemeter upside down like seen in this pic:

Dienstag, 1. November 2005, 11:22

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

^^^ Anyone?

Do I also gather I can use the Tubemeter upside down like seen in this pic:

Otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned by AC (this is an original-AC-pic -> so, yes you can :)).

Dienstag, 1. November 2005, 13:28

What about if I wanted to use a Tubemeter that is sitting at say a 15 degree angle from straight up and down like in this pic:

Dienstag, 1. November 2005, 15:28

i should think it'd work, all the tubemeter is is a row of moisture sensors on a stick, so basically it'll give you a measurement of the water height whichever way up it is, the only problem being that its range of measurement decreases as you move it towards the horizontal plane.

Dienstag, 1. November 2005, 17:04

Zitat von »Mr_modnaR«

i should think it'd work, all the tubemeter is is a row of moisture sensors on a stick, so basically it'll give you a measurement of the water height whichever way up it is, the only problem being that its range of measurement decreases as you move it towards the horizontal plane.

I think it could work, if you make an fix in the software (I'll write to Sebastian - I'll get the same problem when everything should work as I planned ::)).

Dienstag, 1. November 2005, 19:48

Zitat

if you make an fix in the software

yeah, something like a row of buttons to select what angle/position the tubemeter is in.

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 11:04

On the Tubemeter I found what appears to be a "1" next to one of the pins. I assume this is pin 1, but is it pin 1 per the USB specification wich is positive or is it the Aquaero type pin 1 which is negative?