• 25.04.2024, 04:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

neoliv

Advice on waterblock for AMD3700? nf4? 7800GT?

Montag, 7. November 2005, 17:56

Hi there (sorry my German is too dusty to be used without embarassing me.)

My goal is to update/upgrade my old rig. But some details are not clear enough to make my new € donation to aquacomputer yet o:)

First of all, I want to use my old aquacomputer set on my new CPU (High End 240 with eheim for a P4... not sure of the revision of the cuplex waterblock though). What conversion quit should I chose? (new Mobo is a Lan Party nf4 ultra D with an AMD 3700 sandiego)

Next I plan to buy a 7800GT but I'm looking for help/advice on how to watercool it (seems to be a very noisy beast). The aquagrafxs don't seem to fit the bill. A "simple" twinplex on the GPU would do? Is there holes to fix it? Do I need to add some heatsink to the DDR? Do you have something like an HOWTO?

Last but not least, I need to remove the fan on the nForce4 chipset. Here too, is a twinplex the way to go? What should I do? (the http://www.angrygames.com/chipset_clean-2.htm shows how to remove the fan/heatsink but does anybody have experience to share for the mounting of a waterblock?)

Well, that makes 3 questions... Hope to get some useful answers from you "cool" guys or I guess I won't risk buying parts I'm not sure to use properly. If some guru wants to write down the shopping list I would be happy to make the order ;)

Olivier

neoliv

Re: Advice on waterblock for AMD3700? nf4? 7800GT?

Montag, 7. November 2005, 18:01

As you have noticed my english too is dusty o:)
Anyway... thanks for your help.

Olivier

Montag, 7. November 2005, 19:28

Hi,

The Aquagrafx 7800 doesn't fit with the NVidia 7800 GT, only the GTX version is compatible, for the GT version you can use/take the Aquagrafx 6800 LE

I see that you will use a DFI board with the Nforce 4 chipset, aqua computer maked a cooler specially for this board...

--> http://forum.aqua-computer.de/index.php?…ad&threadID=572

Every cooler from AC can be used for every CPU on the market ;)
You just have to change the mountig plate, you can buy this set in the shop..

Greeting Max Payne

neoliv

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 17:54

I have a tight budget... (guess that's not an excuse but it may explain why I want to make the right choice ;)

7800GT:
Do you have a compatibility list for 7800GT brands/models for the aquagrafx (the one compatible with 6800LE/7800GT)
Is this fullfledged solution mandatory? A well chosen twinplex wont do the job? Why? (and it could be reusable for my next card when I have time/money to upgrade again)

nForce4 on DFI Lanparty Ultra D:
Ok for the twinplex pro SLI Typ1... BTW my Mobo is not SLI.
BTW: the picture shows a "complete" block, but it says "without fittings". Does that means I have to buy the plugncool (Set 2 Stück Anschluss G 1/8, plug&cool straight)?

CPU:
I have to chose a conversion kit but not sure of which to pick.
I bought 2years ago a aquastream high end 240 set with a cuplex (can't find it's precise rev sorry) And now I want to reuse it on an AMD 64. Is that enough data to help me find the right kit?

Thanx again for your help.

Olivier (eager to order ;)

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 19:04

This is a picture of your board, right ? The board has the same layout as the SLI-version, so you need the same cooler ;). If you need only the lower port, you can use a normal twinplex, but the price is the same, so you can do what you want. ;)

Yes you need seperate fittings, and yes 1/8"...

To make your Cuplex compatible with the 939 socket you need the "Conversion kit universal A64/P4/AMD for cuplex" (part number 21040). You're sure that you have an original cuplex and not an evo or pro ?

Surely you can use a twinplex (pro) 6800 for your 7800 card, because the two cards have the same mounting holes. If you use a twinplex, you should coole the rest of your graphic-card by a fan...

Edit:

Your cuplex will look like this one.

Greeting Max Payne

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 19:49

18:04:47]

I dont like this mobo at all.its too much like those crppy twingos you see running around towns painted differnt colours.

And Max you using arcor as an isp :o

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 20:38

Zitat von »MUFFDIVER«

And Max you using arcor as an isp :o

Definitely wrong I'm using Arcor to upload my pictures for the forum, and this services is for every person free.

I buy my motherboards by the technicals specifications and not by the colors or something like that.

Greeting Max Payne

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 22:29

it was just a joke :o

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 22:35

Sorry, bad day....and my english is not one of my favorite languages ;)

Greeting Max Payne ;)

neoliv

Samstag, 19. November 2005, 16:08

Zitat von »Max_Payne«

To make your Cuplex compatible with the 939 socket you need the "Conversion kit universal A64/P4/AMD for cuplex" (part number 21040). You're sure that you have an original cuplex and not an evo or pro ?

Ok, I'm not sure of that one and can't manage to find my old order in my mail archives.
So there is a picture of my old waterblock, could you confirm the conversion kit I have to buy?

Sorry, hard to get a better angle in that damn tight rig ;)

Thanx for you very helpful answers!

Samstag, 19. November 2005, 16:21

best to get the universal mounting kit, then you cant go wrong  ;D

http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/shop…966e0992de487a5

stange that the contents list as per the the old a64 bracket system not as the pictures. you might want to confirm b4 ordering that this is just a typo .

"The set contains a stainless steel bracket, two stainless steel side frames, two stainless steel springs and two stainless steel screws"

r00t69

Montag, 21. November 2005, 12:44

Looks like an Evo to me.

Montag, 21. November 2005, 14:19

Zitat von »Max_Payne«

Sorry, bad day....and my english is not one of my favorite languages ;)

Greeting Max Payne ;)

hmm i dont think this was your fault.. im english living in england and i didnt know he was joking...your english is very good lol

neoliv

Montag, 21. November 2005, 20:54

If all goes well I will place my order tomorrow.
Could the god Max_Payne give me (use cavernous voice here) THE answer to life the universe and everithing?
Hum... I mean given the (admitedly poor) picture what is the right kit to convert my P4 waterblock to a socket 939 one?
Thx to all for your answers (humourous or otherwise ;)

Olivier

Montag, 21. November 2005, 21:26

Zitat

Could the god Max_Payne give me (use cavernous voice here) THE answer to life the universe and everithing?

:-*

If my translation is right...THX ;D

Yes, right it's a Cuplex evo
It will be look with the new bracket, like this one ;)

The SET

^^ click on me I'm a link ;)

I think that's it, if you have still a question...ask ;)

Greeting M.P.

neoliv

Dienstag, 22. November 2005, 16:07

Guess your translation was fine ;)

So here I am... almost ready to click.
Last (?) question. Concerning the cooler for 7800GT. How can I check if the card I intend to buy (the MSI 7800GT) has a layout compatible with your cooler?
MSI 7800GT card pictures: http://www.tcmagazine.info/articles.php?…age=1&pagenum=2
your cooler: http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/shop…edb9bd8784064d)

Or maybe you have some advice on a better brand for the card?

The aquagrafx is expensive and I'm still trying to fit all in my tight budget ;)
I'was very tempted by a more evolutive/cheap cooling system based on a cuplex. But can't find how to cool the ram... if you have a solution for me (the case won't be heavily air cooled, just a steady but silent stream of air from bottom to top, nothing specific directed on video card)

Olivier

(I come here once every couple of years but I won't let you close that thread so easily ;)

Dienstag, 22. November 2005, 23:20

Hi,

yes this cooler will fit on your NVidia 7800GT Card...but I'cant you say this on 100%, because I didn't find a pictre of this card without the cooler...

If you're searching an alternative to the aquagrafx you can take
the twinplex pro or the normal twinplex for the card...

twinplex pro for FX6800/7800 and X1800 without fittings

For the rams you can use normal passiv cooler...
For example:

Zalman VGA Heatsinks ZM RHS1 - blue

Greeting Max Payne