• 25.04.2024, 16:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

dual cpu cooling

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 02:47

ok so is it worth getting a dual mobo from tyan or asus. Will it increase perforance and does apps asin games support or run better with 2 cpus?

i know it aint water cooling chat but its summin i want to know but havent found the answer in plain stupid proof english yet.

I wanna know also :P (im full of questions) :P if sata 2 hdds will improve gaming perforance?

and if n e 1 says this is offtopic to this forum then it aint cuz the big picture is il have to cool 2 or 4 cpus depending the answer which means ac benefits from me more 8)

hehe.....

regards

muff

Re: dual cpu cooling

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 11:25

Not at all, most applications are not dual-cpu-capable (lieke almost every game), but let's say, when you use lots of applications at the same time (soltär&minesweeper ;D), windows will react a lot of smoother.
So just for gaming it won't be faster (same like the dualcores, at this momnet they won't give you a speedboost ;)).
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 14:54

i was looking at this 4 cpu mobo and was like, mine mine mine mine,,,,,,

hehehe

but so seriously it wud make not 1 bit of difference or wud it just be a stability factor not a speed factor?

cheers.

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 15:57

Quad? At least $1500 for the Board + four 8xx-Opterons?

If you're only looking for speed in gaming, for the money you must have for the quad-system, you can get va perfect uptodate gaming-system ;).

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 21:58

i have a a8n sli deluxe with a 4200 x2 cpu with 2gb ram this is my gameing pc but im getting a new connection with 1 und 1 and it will be 16mb line which i will use to hostmy own server, plus il also use it for hosting my website and forums etc for the CLAN'S.

So wud this warrent a good reason to buy 1? plus ilwater cool the lot with a 2x 1800 rads with full set of fans and 2 x aqauereos and loads a mod cons etc. il basically turn it into 1 massive project but buy all the bits in 1 go and make the case my self etc. But with ac being a bit slow on distributing kinda hampers this a little as they dont seem to stock much products. but thats the bitching done with.

+ has n e 1 done a server setup dedicated to AC products?

im open to ideas or critism.

Muff

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 22:07

Sure, look on this hompage by the user Tom.

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 22:34

yeah similar to his h20 quad but il use a dif mobo as i want 1 with 2 pci-e slots. the 1 he is using is purely server based with pci slots.

but yes and thankyou for the link.

Muff

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 22:36

Zitat von »MUFFDIVER«

ok so is it worth getting a dual mobo from tyan or asus. Will it increase perforance and does apps asin games support or run better with 2 cpus?

i know it aint water cooling chat but its summin i want to know but havent found the answer in plain stupid proof english yet.

I wanna know also  :P (im full of questions)  :P if sata 2 hdds will improve gaming perforance?

and if n e 1 says this is offtopic to this forum then it aint cuz the big picture is il have to cool 2 or 4 cpus depending the answer which means ac benefits from me more  8)

hehe.....

regards

muff

also what about sata 2 drives?

wil they increase gaming speeds?

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 22:50

Zitat von »MUFFDIVER«

also what about sata 2 drives?

wil they increase gaming speeds?

SATAII is just the interface, so same drives, one with SATA1 and one with two would give the same speed (but in fact, SATA2-Drives are newer, so if you compare the old and the new 160er-Hitachi you will have a little bit more speed with the newer one). If youre just looking for speed: 4x 74-Raptors in a RAID0 (but don't forget the backups ;P)

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2005, 22:52

Zitat von »x-stars«

If youre just looking for speed: 4x 74-Raptors in a RAID0 (but don't forget the backups ;P)

okyou lost me here?

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2005, 11:58

err he has got 2 pci-e slots..
" quad-A64 SLI "

anyway about the Sata II as x-stars said kinda .. it doesn't actually make the drives "Faster" i think it just allows more bandwidth for harddrives... anyway as x-stars said again lol... the 4 * 74 raptors is the best for speed... if you have the data " A B C D" in a normal instance your computer will put A B C and D into one harddrive... in Raid 0 (over 4 drives) it will put "A" into the first "b" into the second "c" into the third and "D" into the fourth harddrive... therefore when accessing the data it will be able to read the data 4 times as fast (in theory). As for the dual cpus... i have dual core and from what i see at the moment it is only bringing problems to be in games.. i have to set the game to only use one cpu otherwise the game acts as though i have a speedhack on :) lol... IMO you should wait until jan~ when AMD will bring out there dual core 5000+.. it will be more effective i think.

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2005, 13:49

Zitat von »boswell«

err he has got 2 pci-e slots..
" quad-A64 SLI "

*A wrong over*

http://th-privat.de/

and go to projects as it is just what he has in mind. So a quad water cooled system from acproducts hasnt been done yet?

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2005, 14:35

Surly not bad, but that are Opterons, not A64 ::) - think he got that wrong, but anyway, two CPUs, four Cores - still a system you can dram of ;D.

If you're looking for big watercooling systems, I remember a guy who cools every system in his house with a single watercooling. He uses a big tank and a huge pump downstairs and installed pipes all over the house. Each system has the cooler, a small pump and a small radiator (for off-plugged-use). Because of the extra-pump, he can install the systems parallel on the watercooling without to worry, that the water flows to the first and does not go to the second (as it would without pump, cause the water would use the was with the smallest resistance).

Edit: Oops, just saw, Tom did not cool his "A64-rig" per water, but you can see a "normal" Dual-Opteron there, too.