• 19.04.2024, 20:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Multiswitch + flow sensor questions

Freitag, 13. Januar 2006, 10:49

Hi,

I have some questions about the mltiswitch and the flow sensor.

1) If I use the USB cable with the mltiswitch, do I need to also plug the 4pin PSU cable ?

2) Connections for leds (LED outputs) on the multiswitch are made for some 2 pins plugs. How am I supposed to plug in my leds, as they are almost always sold with a 4pins molex (just 2pins inside, but it is a 4pins molex "case" plug, like HERE)

3) When I have an Aquaero and a multiswitch, do I need an Aquastream ? Sorry to ask, but I just don't understand german descriptions, and online translations are really not good.

4) My Aquaero seems to work fine, but I really don't get anything from the multiswitch. No sign of life at all. How can I check it works OK ?
EDIT : this one is done. I put the jumper 4 and I could test it. It works fine.

5) Last question about the flow sensor.
Where is it supposed to be placed in the computer case ?
Is there a way I shouldn't install it ? (for example, upside down, or on the side)

EDIT : last one ;D
6) Do I need to connect the aquaero to the multiswitch and how ?

Thanks in advance for answers

Re: Multiswitch + flow sensor questions

Freitag, 13. Januar 2006, 16:20

Zitat von »calmar«

Hi,

I have some questions about the mltiswitch and the flow sensor.

1) If I use the USB cable with the mltiswitch, do I need to also plug the 4pin PSU cable ?

2) Connections for leds (LED outputs) on the multiswitch are made for some 2 pins plugs. How am I supposed to plug in my leds, as they are almost always sold with a 4pins molex (just 2pins inside, but it is a 4pins molex "case" plug, like HERE)

3) When I have an Aquaero and a multiswitch, do I need an Aquastream ? Sorry to ask, but I just don't understand german descriptions, and online translations are really not good.

4) My Aquaero seems to work fine, but I really don't get anything from the multiswitch. No sign of life at all. How can I check it works OK ?
EDIT : this one is done. I put the jumper 4 and I could test it. It works fine.

5) Last question about the flow sensor.
Where is it supposed to be placed in the computer case ?
Is there a way I shouldn't install it ? (for example, upside down, or on the side)

EDIT : last one ;D
6) Do I need to connect the aquaero to the multiswitch and how ?

Thanks in advance for answers

1) Sure, you have too - the molex must be connected to the multiswitch in every case :) (but be careful: it's the aquastream-molex-power which _mustn't_ be connected when using the 10Pin-aquaero-aquastream-connectioncable)

2) you will have to manufacturor it ypurself. You can use connectors of old computercases, buy some plugs in an electronic-stor or use an old ide- or floppy-cable.

3) the aquastream is a pump, and of course u need one in your system ;D. But if you choose an aquastream, a normal eheim-pump or a third one is your choce - but the aqaustream is the only pump which can be controlled with the aquaero or multiswitch.

4) fine

5) you can place your flowsensor wherever you want in the circuit. It is recommed to place it with the electric connectors to the sky :), to reduce some noise the sensor could make in other positions, but it's not nessacary at all.

6) you don't need to, but you can, if you want so :). Whatever you choose, keep in mind: Choose only one connection, don't connect to the aquaero and to usb due the same time.
To connect your muktiswitch to the aquaero yoou can use a normla 3-pin-cable with a "fan-connector" on each side.
"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Freitag, 13. Januar 2006, 17:39

Zitat von »x-stars«

1) Sure, you have too - the molex must be connected to the multiswitch in every case :) (but be careful: it's the aquastream-molex-power which _mustn't_ be connected when using the 10Pin-aquaero-aquastream-connectioncable)

2) you will have to manufacturor it ypurself. You can use connectors of old computercases, buy some plugs in an electronic-stor or use an old ide- or floppy-cable.

3) the aquastream is a pump, and of course u need one in your system ;D. But if you choose an aquastream, a normal eheim-pump or a third one is your choce - but the aqaustream is the only pump which can be controlled with the aquaero or multiswitch.

4) fine

5) you can place your flowsensor wherever you want in the circuit. It is recommed to place it with the electric connectors to the sky :), to reduce some noise the sensor could make in other positions, but it's not nessacary at all.

6) you don't need to, but you can, if you want so :). Whatever you choose, keep in mind: Choose only one connection, don't connect to the aquaero and to usb due the same time.
To connect your muktiswitch to the aquaero yoou can use a normla 3-pin-cable with a "fan-connector" on each side.

Ok ! Thanks a lot for the answers !

I can finish to build my computer now !

But I'm lost in all the wires that I have behind the aquaero+multiswitch ! ::) Yes I beleive these devices will make my life easyer later, but the mounting takes so many cables, I feel like I'm building a huge network station ;)

Dienstag, 17. Januar 2006, 03:01

Zitat von »calmar«

but the mounting takes so many cables, I feel like I'm building a huge network station ;)

You ARE. ;D

Dienstag, 17. Januar 2006, 04:08

so top nurse when we getting an update

Dienstag, 17. Januar 2006, 09:20

Good question, Muffdiver.
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player