• 23.04.2024, 23:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New system up and running

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 03:48

I have just got my first water-cooled PC up and running and wanted to share some information.

Currently running Windows Media Centre 2005 media application to watch TV etc (so computer is not working that hard) with a room temperature of 31deg (due the summer) my temps are as follows:

Bios CPU temp is 41deg
Bios MB temp is 41deg
Bios GPU temp is 49deg

Aquatube temp is 31.1deg (Rad outlet)
Before Rad temp is 32.8deg (Rad inlet)

Hence a 58W power input-output

loop is Aquatube-pump-voltage reg block-Cuplex XT-GPU block-MB block-3HD Blocks-then the EVO 360 Rad-Aquatube

FlowSensor reads 28.96 l/h

Do these temps sound ok or should they be better. I thought the Rad may cool the water more, but maybe i'm wrong. However it does seem to cool back to the room temp setting.

Does the Flowsensor give a good average flow rate as there are alot of items in the loop.

So if anyone could let me know how these compare with their system I would appreciate that very much.

SNIFFY

JaR

Re: New system up and running

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 04:01

What pump do you use?
The rad already cools the water down to room temperature, do you want it to cool it below or what?
Temps sound absolutely ok.
badger badger badger ...

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 04:06

Guess your right it won't cool to less than room temp, silly me. I am using the Ehiem 1046 standard pump connected to the Aquastream with the Aquaero controlling that.

JaR

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 04:30

??? What are you using, aquastream or Eheim 1046? What flow sensor do you use?
badger badger badger ...

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 11:23

Thought they were the same but it is an Aquastream pump. As for the flowsensor it is as seen from this website:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_7765.html

I thought I was ment to get around 300 l/h not about 30 l/h?

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 12:01

Those temps seem okay to me too, what's your room temperature ATM?

As for you pump, Eheim's rated output of 300lph (up to 600lph with the Aquaero ;)) will be without a restrictive watercooling loop to pump through. As you’re using lots of blocks, and in particular an impingement block like the XT, you’re flowrates will be much lower; anything over 20lph is considered okay.

I don’t know how much of a difference it would make, but you could always search for info on the AC flowmeter mod – in stock form it has a 3.2mm inlet IIRC which is quite restrictive on it’s own, with the mod you can enlarge this and swap the direction of flow which might help your flowrate a bit.

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 14:15

Room temp is around 30 deg at the moment.

Are those flow rates quite low then. I can increase the pump speed, is this a good idea or keep it at its default?

My non-water-cooled PC is showing temps of:

CPU 51 deg
MB 31 deg
GPU 62 deg

just for reference

SNIFFY

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 14:54

Oops! Sorry - I missed the room temp in your first post :)

I'd be a bit skeptical of the mobo temperature of your aircooled PC; it's unlikely to be room at temperature unless it's a very low powered system.

I wouldn't worry about those temps; they're looking okay. Also, you can't always trust onboard temperature sensors to be completely accurate.

You're running seven blocks (including the restrictive-by-design XT) and AC flowmeter - I'd say the temps and flow you're seeing are about right. I'm back running air ATM until I get some new kit delivered, so I can't give you a comparison :'(

If you want to give a bit more info and maybe post a couple of pics of your system (particularly your rad and fan setup) there may be some areas you can improve, but there's no guarantees.

JaR

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 15:16

If you increase the pump speed, your temps may go down by max 1K. In exchange you get a lot of noise, so I really wouldn't recommend that. If the noise doesn't matter to you, there should be no problems.
badger badger badger ...

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 16:55

Ok here is a look at the system.

It is fitted in a Coolermaster Praetorian Case, and so I found space was very limited. Hence I decided to place the Aquatube on top with a new 120mm Scyth fan (Used to be an 80mm fan). The advantage I sore here was I could still use the two 5.25" bays for original intended use to house the Aquaero and Multiswitch. The latter has been removed as I have decided to directly power the case fans and extra Rad fans. I may now fit a Imon display here as this is my first attempt at a multimedia PC. Another advantage was I could fill the system into the Aquatube with more ease.

Due to this I had to find space for the pump and this was mounted in a FMJ screwed upside down to the base of the PSU holder cage. Hence you cannot see the Cuplex XT block as this is hiding it.

That left no space for the EVO 360 Rad, so I made an external case to house this out of MDF. There is a 3cm gap beneath the box to allow airflow to be pulled up through the Rad. The width is exactly the same as my case so it does not look out of place if mounted on top. However my plan is to hide it behind the TV.

Mounted beneath the Rad are 3 120mm very quiet fans running all the time. This is to provide some help to cool the rad, they are silent running at 10cm. Then we have the normal 3 120mm Papst fans controlled by the Aquaero. I have not set the Aquero up properly yet or run the computer under load so not sure if I will need these, but as the second use is for a games machine I feel they will be needed at times.

However as this is planned to be a test run for a Multimedia PC, running WMCE. Running the TV, DVD seems to produce the temps I have already discussed.

The Rad case is also linned with some sound proofing material to help reduce any extra noise from the papst fans running at full speed.

As for the cables I tried to do my best to have those tidy, with brading etc. However with connecting the HD's etc it still looks really messy. Im not too fussed about having the insides seen as I really want to hide the system away, so no lighting has been fitted.

There are 3 additional 80mm AcoutiFans in the case to provide some internal movement.

As for the water loops, I tried really hard to give the shortest loops, and try and make it look nice. That is the best I can do, as the tight space makes it hard to route the pipes.

Well there you have it, how well did I do for my first Water-cooled PC?

I took the side pannel off here

A look at the insides

My home-made Rad case.

A bracket I had to made to allow the water to go outside the case to the Rad, using those AquaComputer External Fittings with Valve.

Just to say thanks to Aquacomputer for producing some very nice components.

SNIFFY

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 17:37

Very nice :)

I'm not too keen on externally mounted rads, but the design and finish you've got on that housing is great.

One thought I had - with a lower flowrate, you'll have to be careful and make sure you get all the air out of your rad, maybe by moving it about to encourage any air trapped in there to come out.

Other than that, without reducing the number of blocks you're running, dropping the Aquajet or modding the flowmeter as I previously hinted at, I can't see you upping your flow too much.

Nice setup - well done.

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 17:41

a very unique pump-position! great for cases with litte space!
:)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 18:08

Yes I have carefully removed the air out of the Rad, one advantage of it being out the case I guess, as its easy to move it about.

I did have some bubbles in the Cuplex XT and MB Block but they have gone now its been running for a few days. Looks like one of the holes in the XT has a blockage from some white bit of debris and there are some particles running in the water. As the bits are all new I guess thats the machining oils and debris I was unable to clear out.

Hence my plan is to look into the flowsensor thing and if that looks viable, do that when I clear the water out and unblock the XT in a few weeks time.

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 18:19

Let us know how you get on.

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 18:21

Will do, thanks for the help and advice.

SNIFFY

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006, 23:48

hi!
looks great, nice and clean!
but are you sure it is good to use the pump "upsidedown"? i think, i´ve read something, that you shouldn´t use the pump upsidedown ???

Freitag, 28. Juli 2006, 00:03

Zitat von »atomfrede«

but are you sure it is good to use the pump "upsidedown"? i think, i´ve read something, that you shouldn´t use the pump upsidedown ???

that's for the Laing pump... it doesn't matter for the eheim / aquastream.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Freitag, 28. Juli 2006, 02:18

Few! you had me worried there. It seems to be working ok this way up so far.

Freitag, 28. Juli 2006, 09:41

Zitat von »hobbes_dmS«

that's for the Laing pump... it doesn't matter for the eheim / aquastream.

oh! sorry! :-[

Beun

Freitag, 28. Juli 2006, 12:23

Nice case mod. I've got the same basis:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kinglode/pics/Case…06/IMG_5463.JPG

:)