• 19.04.2024, 10:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Flow Meter Setup

Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2006, 10:54

Hi, I have a Remag flow meter... http://www.remag.ch/vision.php?language=4&sub=1&tab=2

It specifies 700 imp/l

When I tested my loop flow before installing the flow meter, it was about 6 l/m (360 l/h). Now with the flow meter in place, it shows a flow reading of about 36 l/h so it's off by a factor of 10. If i change the setup to 70 imp/l in Aquasuite, then of course, it outputs the correct value. I'm not sure if my flow meter is defective, if Aquasuite has a bug, or if I'm missing something... can anyone help explain this or help me get it working as expected?

Note that I installed the 2.2KOhm resistor across the impulse and V+ terminal as suggested in the remag spec sheet above. Is this appropriate for the Aquaero flow meter input?

Re: Flow Meter Setup

Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2006, 15:52

360l/h :o

What pump is that? That value can't be correct.

Montag, 16. Oktober 2006, 01:34

Dual DDC Ultra 18W pumps (Alphacool Top) in series.

I measured the flow through my loop from a large bucket full of water to a graduated bucket and the flow was about 6l/m or about 1.5 gpm... that's not unrealistic for a large bore setup.

6l/m = 360l/h right?

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 20:53

Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening here?

Montag, 23. Oktober 2006, 06:01

I have some additional information...

If I set the Aquasuite imp/l to 700 as recommended by Remag, the flow meter is accurate until the flow exceeds about 3 lpm (180lph) then the Aquaero has major problems... beyond that, it will report the flow as about 5lph! Totally wrong!

Is this possibly a problem with the Aquaero or is it my flow meter? Is the Aquaero unable to handle the # of pulses generated by the flow meter at flow above 3lpm?

According to the the specs, the Remag is valid from 2lpm to 35lpm.

Sufu

Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2006, 21:14

Zitat von »virtualrain«

I have some additional information...

If I set the Aquasuite imp/l to 700 as recommended by Remag, the flow meter is accurate until the flow exceeds about 3 lpm (180lph) then the Aquaero has major problems... beyond that, it will report the flow as about 5lph! Totally wrong!

Is this possibly a problem with the Aquaero or is it my flow meter? Is the Aquaero unable to handle the # of pulses generated by the flow meter at flow above 3lpm?

According to the the specs, the Remag is valid from 2lpm to 35lpm.

I believe the Aquaero can only handle lke 180lph or so, so I think it's more that you are exceeding the max value it can handle and it goes berzerk.

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 11:07

Thanks for clarifying.

Is this a hardware limitation or a software limitation?

Why on earth would they design it to only 180lph which is only 3lpm... That's a terrible limitation!

I'm terribly disappointed... I spent a lot of money on my Aquaero, flow meter, and fittings to put it all together only to find this!

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 16:11

Zitat von »virtualrain«

Why on earth would they design it to only 180lph which is only 3lpm... That's a terrible limitation!

Because it's designed for use with AC gear, which is low flow.

Why don't you just set it up so that the Aquaero displays a scaled flow - 1/3 of actual flow for example?

That way you'll still be able to monitor it, just x3 for the true reading.

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 16:19

There is no limit of 180.

Just play around with the settings and you will see much higher values.

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 21:46

Zitat von »Shoggy«

There is no limit of 180.

Just play around with the settings and you will see much higher values.

What do you mean by "play around"?

Sure, I can change the imp/l but then its not accurate.

How do I get accurate flow readings at 700imp/l above 3lpm?

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 21:55

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

Because it's designed for use with AC gear, which is low flow.

Why don't you just set it up so that the Aquaero displays a scaled flow - 1/3 of actual flow for example?

That way you'll still be able to monitor it, just x3 for the true reading.

I don't think that will work... the problem is likely that the Aquaero can't handle more than a certain # of pulses per second and scaling it back means increasing the imp/l which means the problem will just recur at the same point of actual flow anyway. (For example, I could change the setting from 700imp/l to 1400imp/l but the problem would likely then occur at 1.5lpm instead of 3lpm which is really at the same point).

heed

Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2006, 09:54

I have a similar problem; I have the swissflow flow meter and its output is a LOT higher than the aquaero can handle. I thought that it would at least give me a relative idea of the flow, but instead the flow readout jumps from 1 l/h to 45 l/h and back again.

Maybe use the aquaero to power the meter but hook the output to the motherboard? Then you can still monitor through 3rd party programs?

Montag, 30. Oktober 2006, 01:31

Yeah... I'll try that. Perhaps Aqua Computer can actually fix this in an upcoming firmware update???