• 25.04.2024, 19:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Brand new setup, Aquaero and Pump control

Samstag, 11. November 2006, 13:54

Hi.
Afte 13 hours work, I finally got my system assembled, with the Aquaero and a Pump control for my LainDDC Pro

My problem is, that no matter what I do, the Aquaero makes an "emergency shutdown", eaven though there is no problems.

I have tried mounting the aquaero both woth and without the 24 pin ATX extention, and have cut the green wire and connected it to the relay on the aquaero, connected the purple wire, and set the jumper for St.By. but I cannot start the computer with the power botton, but I can get it started shortly by pressing the "select" botton on the aquaero, but it shuts down again, with the message "Power off, Power botton".

If I removes the ATX extention cable, then the machine starts, but doesn't boot, but I can start changing settings in the Aquaero menu, but no matter what, the machine want boot.

I have connected the 4-pin Molex power plug, a Flow controller with the green/orange/yellow cable, 4*2 120mm fans (~2.5W per channel), the internal USB cable, 6 temperature probes (2 in-line probes, and 4 ordinary analog probes)

Second problem is, that the pump controller keeps running "start boost" for ~20 seconds, then normal, where it shuts down the pump, and the begins start up session again.
I have conected the Laing DDC Pro pump via the special 3-pin fan --> molex + tachosignal adapter, to the "leistungsausgang", the 4-pin molex power, shorted jumper 2 and 3 and connected the USB cable.

Then I have tried connecting the "tacho" signal from the Pump controller to the Aquaero "Aquabus" header, tried conecting the tacho signal from pump to tacho header, connected the flow measuring to the "Durchflusssensor"-header (and both simmultaniously), but still same problem.

The firmware on Aquaero is 4.10 (english), and the LCD is 2.3, dunno about the pump controller.

Later on, I have an Multiswitch I have to mount also, but first I want to get the Aqquaero and pump controller running correctly.

Best regards.
Steensen.

Re: Brand new setup, Aquaero and Pump control

Samstag, 11. November 2006, 15:56

Ok sounds like you may have some stuff incorrectly connected. I would diconnect the aquaero from your PC and simply power that by the single molex connector. No need to worry at this stage about the standby power and the emergency shutdown capability just yet. Get it all working then try and set that up. The PC should still boot with the Aquaero not connected to it as the Aquaero can work as a stand alone item provided it has it own power supply.

I am not familliar with your pump does it use the aquastream controller and is that then connected to the aquaero? If so, if that is connected directly to your aquaero via the aquastream cable then do not power the aquastream via a molex. The Tacho signal does not connect to the aquabus. That should goto your MB, say the fan connector for your now removed CPU fan. All that does is tell your MB bios the speed of your pump.

Make sure you have all the jumpers correctly assigned. Not sure what you have done to your powersupply with regards to the emergency shut down facility. That maybe effecting the computer to boot.

Is the computer a new build or has it booted before?

Samstag, 11. November 2006, 15:58

Your aquastream if you have one may have the jumper set to deairreation mode check that one out too.

Sonntag, 12. November 2006, 02:03

After annother 12 hours ofintens trouble shooting, I've got the system to boot. :D

The system hasbeen booting before, and been OC'ed pleantifull.
I've found out, that I have some defects on my MoBo, so this is going for RMA after the weekend.

Regarding the "de aireating mode", how do I change/disable this?

OK, the tacho will be sent to the MoBo in stead. :)

Regarding the PSU/ATX-cable, I have bought the 24 pin extention cable, with the purple (+5V stand by) and green (on signal to PSU) being extended, to make it capable of reaching the aquaero.
The purple is connected to the stand By power plug, and the green cable, I have bught the special "plug" for, to make it possible to put it into the relay plug, so that the Aquaero can turn the computer on/off, deending on the sceenario.

Now I have to experiment with the software, and getting to learn it. :)

Thx for your pations, and best regards.
Steensen.

Sonntag, 12. November 2006, 05:31

I've been trying for several hours, to make this thing funktion, but I have given up.

I mounted the Aquaero, and pump controller, which coulden't drive the pump correctly, the GFX was getting WERY hot (close to 80°C water temperature in the watercooling block), resulting in a Emergency shutdown warning, and then I presset the select botton, and since then I haven't been able to start up the aquaero, neather with only the molex power plug connected, nor with everything connected.

So is it possible for me to flash the firmware my self, or do I have to send it in for RMA?

Sonntag, 12. November 2006, 14:34

From my experience it sounds as though you're going about things the wrong way, and risk damaging your other hardware if you're not careful. If your cooling loop isn't running properly you could end up killing whatever it's supposed to be cooling.

When you first install a watercooling loop, it's highly advisable to run the loop for 24 hours or so with the PC off to test that the loop works and all connections are made and you're not going to get any leaks.

The best way of performing such a test is by removing all PSU connections to your motherboard and either shorting the green 'PWR on' PSU core to a black one. If you've got an ATX bridge it's easier to use this.

I also wouldn't start running PSU cabling to my Aquaero until I knew that the watercooling system was working as it should - don't over-complicate matters otherwise it becomes a nightmare to try troubleshooting when it doesn't work.

I'm not certain on the power connections you'll need to make to the Aquaero and pump control, but I'd be inclined to remove the green and purple connections you've made to the Aquaero plus your motherboard PSU supplies, and set up the most basic functioning system you can.

This way you'll prove that your W/C hardware works and you have no leaks, then you can complicate your system with other connections before you run your PC with your by then proven loop.