• 20.04.2024, 06:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero controlling complex setup possibilities

Sonntag, 1. Februar 2009, 15:45

Hi AquaComputer staff,

I have found some contradictory information here on the forum regarding certain details about your products (example : 1 post mentions that AquaBus can handle 127 devices, but another post mentions AquaBus can handle 64 - use the Search-function of the forum, then you can see for yourself what I mean). As you will agree with me, this doesn't help users at all, it only makes it more confusing for everybody. :thumbdown:
So I would like to suggest that the AC staff post 1 or more sticky threads that has all the correct and relevant information regarding certain details (Aquaero, AquaStream, AquaSuite, AquaBus, TubeMeter, etc. ...). Having all the necessary information in 1 relevant thread will help avoid confusion, and it will help all people to find answers to certain questions.

I also have a question regarding complex watercooling setups (involving multiple separate cooling loops) :

Let's suppose that I am planning a complex watercooling setup with more than 1 (separate) cooling loop. Each loop has its own AquaStream pump, reservoir, TubeMeter, flow meter, radiators, and so on...
Is it possible to properly control this complex setup with 1 Aquaero ? Can the Aquaero handle this without problems if I would make my own AquaBus Y-splitter cable that has more than 2 connectors and allows me to connect all my devices to it ? Can the Aquaero actually distinguish all the devices properly ?
How would I set up such a complex watercooling and control setup ?

P.S. : maybe it's not a bad idea to create a thread that has examples of setups (including complex multiple loop setups) with diagrams so that people can actually see what's possible and what's not, and what connections (USB, AquaBus, fans, flow meters, ...) they need to make in order to properly manage the entire setup ? I think that everybody (including the AC staff) would benefit from that. :)

I don't know if the current Aquaero firmware can manage multiple (separate) loops properly. If not then I think that it would be a very good idea for AC to start working on a new Aquaero firmware version (and perhaps AquaSuite software as well if needed ?) that allows people to setup and manage complex watercooling setups with multiple loops, including some functionality that allows users to manage all the different components. (maybe even create some pages that allow users to organise all the components into several different "loops" or something) :thumbup:
It would be nice if the AC staff could provide some detailed information about this.

RE: Aquaero controlling complex setup possibilities

Montag, 2. Februar 2009, 23:24

I also have a question regarding complex watercooling setups (involving multiple separate cooling loops) :

Let's suppose that I am planning a complex watercooling setup with more than 1 (separate) cooling loop. Each loop has its own AquaStream pump, reservoir, TubeMeter, flow meter, radiators, and so on...
Is it possible to properly control this complex setup with 1 Aquaero ? Can the Aquaero handle this without problems if I would make my own AquaBus Y-splitter cable that has more than 2 connectors and allows me to connect all my devices to it ? Can the Aquaero actually distinguish all the devices properly ?
How would I set up such a complex watercooling and control setup ?
Yeah I'm also very interested in this, since I may have to split up my loop that I was planning to do and therefore adding one more Aquastream. But if it is the AS XT Ultra more of the devices is combined in one, so is it then possible or is it more or less the same question as stated above?

Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009, 23:02

The aquabus is already limited by the fact that there are only five devices that you cold hook up to the aquaero:

2 x aquastream
2 x multiswitch
1 x tubemeter

The 127 that you might have read somewhere is the limit of one USB port. You can connect a few hundred Aqua Computer devices to a single PC if you are mad enough ;) The aquasuite software will bring up a new tab for every device that is connected.

Of course you could run two pumps in two different loops and "assign" fan channel 1+2 to the first loop and 3+4 to the second one for example. The aquaero does not hava any kind of "loop management" so it will not care how you use all the devices which are connected.

Since it is very likely that you will use aquastream XT pumps it is highly recommend to use them with USB because the aquabus would only offer a small piece of possible the controlling and monitoring features. You can still connect them via aquabus beside the USB connection.

Freitag, 6. Februar 2009, 00:22

The aquabus is already limited by the fact that there are only five devices that you cold hook up to the aquaero:

2 x aquastream
2 x multiswitch
1 x tubemeter

The 127 that you might have read somewhere is the limit of one USB port. You can connect a few hundred Aqua Computer devices to a single PC if you are mad enough ;) The aquasuite software will bring up a new tab for every device that is connected.

Please look at the following thread posts :
More on Tubemeters
Two tubemeters and Leds
Announcement: aquastream XT
aquabus Y-Adapter für aquastream XT

64, 127, 128, ... 5 ? These are 4 threads that I found in the English forum with the search term "Aquabus", perhaps now you understand the confusion and the reason for asking the AquaComputer staff to post closed/locked sticky threads in this forum that contain only the correct and relevant information regarding a certain product (see also my P.S. remark in the first post of this thread) ???
What is happening right now is total chaos and it leads to confusion and unnecessary questions being asked over and over again. Let's bring some order in here please, and group the information so that everyone can easily find it (and have the correct information directly available).

Note : it would be a very good idea to post some possible setup diagrams showing the connections between the different products as well for both single loop and multiple (2-3) loop setups, so that everyone can see what the possibilities are and how to connect everything together.

Freitag, 6. Februar 2009, 04:45

I have found some contradictory information here on the forum regarding certain details about your products (example : 1 post mentions that AquaBus can handle 127 devices, but another post mentions AquaBus can
handle 64 - use the Search-function of the forum, then you can see for yourself what I mean). As you will agree with me, this doesn't help users at all, it only makes it more confusing for everybody. :thumbdown:

So I would like to suggest that the AC staff post 1 or more sticky threads that has all the correct and relevant information regarding certain details (Aquaero, AquaStream, AquaSuite, AquaBus, TubeMeter, etc. ...). Having all the necessary information in 1 relevant thread will help avoid confusion, and it will help all people to find answers to certain questions.
Greetings >Evil E.<

I think you are coming late to the party so to speak. The thread I started from about 4 years ago was at a time when the Tubemeter was just brought onto the market. Over time there have been some technical developments that have changed the way we can use Aquacomputer water cooling electronics. Also please keep in mind that many of the people here that are answering questions are using English as a second language so sometimes things aren't as clear as we would all like them to be.

As is typical, in any forum type of media, the best answers are usually the latest ones. :thumbsup: