• 25.04.2024, 03:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Can the aquaduct 720xt software use the core temperature ??

Montag, 23. Februar 2009, 21:45

Hi, i'm very interested on the new aquaduct 720Xt
but i wonder if the software that come with it can manage to read the temperature directly from the CPU internal sensor and not an external one ???
so i could manage the fans speed correctly and not with a lag.

thanks

Montag, 23. Februar 2009, 23:29

It can't read the temperature from the CPU whoch would also male no sense for fan control. Depending on the load the temperature can jump up and down within a few seconds: how do you want to control a fan with these chaotic values ;)

There are also many other reasons why it is a bad idea. The main reason is security. Just imagine your PC crashs to an endless loop while it always sends the same WRONG temperature to the aquaduct...

Montag, 23. Februar 2009, 23:42

well i just thoçnk that this temperature would be a good way to raise a little the speed in prediction of a future heat.
what i don't like is the fact that i have to install temp sensors for the CPU...
or i did'nt understand and the CPU temp should come from a water temp right after the CPU ????

where should i insert the temp sensor ????

fox3

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009, 01:43

Not sure if I am doing this the most effecient way but here goes. I use two digital sensors the first is in a BP Q fitting on the last block just before the rad and the second is in the Resevoir.

I then use the sensor in the res to adjust the rad fans. As the temp starts to rise in the res the aquaero ramps up the rad fans speed progressively. I then use the foil sensors to monitor things like RAM, Case, Ambient etc. I have a fan slaved to the RAM sensor and it ramps up as the RAM temp increases. Not to say this is correct, its just how I have it set up.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »fox3« (24. Februar 2009, 01:44)

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009, 01:51

In case you heat up your CPU, lets say 1minute, the terpreture of the water will rise 0.1°C. But the tempreture of the CPU will rise up to 50°C.
Cause of the rising tempreture the Fans will blow with 60 or more percent of the Maximum Speed (when you control your Fans with the CPU tempreture).
The Question is now. Why should you produce more noise when no additional cooling is nessesary?

Remember you cool down the Water - not the CPU/GPU/...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »b0nez« (24. Februar 2009, 01:53)

:rolleyes:

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2009, 19:56

in fact in my perfect world the fan speed would follow a formula where about 30% comes from the core cpu temp et the rest comes from the water temperature.
So in the case you jsute mentionned the fans if they were at stop would only runs at 30% of full speed.
and when (if) the water temp rise then the fans would go higher.

and so the same when the cpu go down, for exemple when you stop your calculations.
the fans would slow down a little bit because of the core temp falling but still would provide speed to cool down the water.

is it possible to do that kind of thing with aquasuite ???
i mean if i use a water temp and another sensor taht would show faster the temp of the cpu ???

or jsute by putting 2 temp sensors one jsute before the cpu and one jsute ater and doing according to the delta temp ??