• 23.04.2024, 21:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite controlling 2 Aquastream XT Ultra?

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 14:01

I need to buy pumps for two independent loops and thinking about two Aquastream XT Ultras. Will the aquasuite software allow independent control of two pumps? Also I'd like each pump via aquasuite to control a bank of six 120mm fans at the same speed. I realise I cannot load all six fans on the one output but how could I have aquasuite controlling one and the rest being driven at the same rate?

Thanks,

John

RE: Aquasuite controlling 2 Aquastream XT Ultra?

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 19:53

I need to buy pumps for two independent loops and thinking about two Aquastream XT Ultras. Will the aquasuite software allow independent control of two pumps?

yes, no problem.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

RE: Aquasuite controlling 2 Aquastream XT Ultra?

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 21:46

I realise I cannot load all six fans on the one output but how could I have aquasuite controlling one and the rest being driven at the same rate?
Depends on the total watt (TW) output of your six fans. If the TW are less than or equal to the rated output of the Aquaero you will be fine. You simply use only one fan's RPM output for sensing and wire the 12 volts fans in parallel. I don't see why you couldn't also use the same rpm sensing wire on two fan headers providing they are all the same fans. This works well if you are using water temps to raise and lower your fan speed. If you just want it programmed to run at a certain percentage of speed that can be done by the software. It is hard to see in the pic, but I wired 3 120mm Papst fans in parallel. The rated wattage of all three fans was still way below the maximum wattage on the Aquaero fan header. Fans don't use as much watts as you might be inclined to believe...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (1. März 2009, 23:03)

Donnerstag, 26. März 2009, 21:12

Thanks for the info. That all makes sense. I'm still unsure of the direction to go with what pumps to get and what to use for fan and/or pump control. What I am committed to this far (I have the bits) is the following...

Mountain Mods Ascension case with Trinity front panel, 16 x Nexus D12SL 120mm case fans, 4 x PA120.3 Thermochill radiators.

Intent is 3 rads mounted on front panel (3 intake fans per rad = 9), one radiator on the rear panel (3 intake fans), 2 exhaust fans on the rear ventilating the hard drives and 2 exhaust fans on the top. Planning two loops with a pump and 2 rads each. One for 3 x GPUs, and one for CPU/peltier/chipset.

For fan control the relevant maximum power consumption is 1.8W per fan. I believe new Aqueros have 4 fan headers capable of 10W each with a total of 30W (according to the german manual - 5W per channel in the english). In an ideal world I'd like six channels of fan control.... 4 banks of 3 (each radiator), and 2 banks of 2 (top exhaust and rear exhaust pairs). Now it would appear to me that a single Aquero should be able to handle the 4 banks of radator fans (5.4W max per channel - 21,6W total). I could just use a four pot controller for the exhaust fans but it would be nice to have all monitoring in the same place so is it possible to add 2 more fan channels to an AC system somehow? Total fan load would be 28.8W max

Because of space considerations I've also recently beeen leaning toward Laing DDC pumps with XSPC reservoir tops - would I be able to integrate speed control of these into an Aquero/Aquasuite setup somehow, or would I be better off with Aquastreams? Any comments on the relative performance versus noise of these products?

So to summarise I'd like the following control and monitoring capability....

Control 6 channels of fans with up to 6W per channel 28.8 W max.

Control 2 pumps

Monitor 2 flowrates

Monitor 6 temps

If this is possible with AC products what would be the complete list of kit I would need to get?

Thanks.