• 24.04.2024, 07:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Poweradjust speed output not working

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 21:26

Hi all,

Just added a Poweradjust LT to my Aquaero setup and, whilst it's working well for the most part, the speed output isn't sending anything to the fan header on my Aquaero.

All functions and readouts in the Poweradjust pages of Aquasuite seem to be working fine but the Aquaero is reading 0 rpm for the header attached to the speed output.

Is the Poweradjust likely to be broken or is there some hidden magic setting I've missed?

Many thanks,

Toby.

Montag, 2. März 2009, 13:07

Noone got any ideas on this? :(

Have submitted an email to support but no response as yet.

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 20:49

I have an Aquaero, but not a Poweradjust. :S

So is there only one wire coming off the Poweradjust that goes to the fan header or is there three wires? Do you have a link to the English manual so I can see what's going on. Or post some pics please.

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 21:11

Thanks for the reply.

Basically, the Poweradjust has a three pin header to which the DDC pump connects via a supplied cable. This powers the pump and reads back the rpm signal.

There's another three pin header on the Poweradjust which provides a speed output. Only one pin of these three is connected, there is no power supplied on it. An included cable is used to connect this output to a fan header on the Aquaero so you can monitor this speed output. The Poweradjust can be set to either relay the actual speed of the pump to this output or it can provide a "fake" speed signal which remains at a constant speed regardless of what speed the pump is running at but which is stopped should a problem be detected. You can then monitor this signal on the Aquaero to perform hardware shutdown in the event of pump failure.

The problem is that there appears to be no signal at all coming off this output on the Poweradjust. Regardless of whether I set it to relay the actual speed or produce the "fake" signal, the Aquaero sees nothing at all, meaning I can't protect the system with the auto-shutdown mechanism of the Aquaero.

For now I've bypassed the problem by connecting the speed output of the pump directly to the Aquaero, so it is receiving a speed signal and will still auto-shutdown if the pump fails but this isn't ideal and I can't make use of Poweradjust features such as de-aeration which alternately stops and starts the pump as, as soon as the pump stops briefly, the auto-shutdown would trigger (this is what the "fake" speed signal is needed for).

I'm pretty sure I've done everything right but I really need confirmation from AC support before getting the unit replaced. I also want to find out the best way of seeking replacement, i.e. back to the retailer here or directly with AC.

I've been very very happy with my Aquaero since I bought it last year. I accept that issues arise with hardware so don't blame AC if this Poweradjust has a fault and needs replacing, I'm just a bit aggrieved that I don't seem to be able to ellicit a response from them on the matter, although your note in the other thread about them all being at CeBIT does explain things a bit.

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 21:47

I'm mulling overt the Poweradjust manual now. Give me a bit.

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 22:08

Are you getting any status LED errors? (Pg 13 / heading 6.5)

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 22:11

Actually I'd not thought to check that as I'm using the LT version internally so I can't see the LEDs without opening the case.

Just checked - no errors, solid green LED.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Vertigo1« (4. März 2009, 22:13)

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 22:34

Is that with the poweradjust connected to the Aquaero or the pump connected to the Aquaero.

Where did you get the Aquaero from? Some of the ones floating around in the FS/FT forums had burned out fan channels on 3 and 4 a few years ago. Does the same Aquaero fan channel that your are using for the Poweradjust correctly read a fan RPM?

BTW, are you a mod on the [H]?
Actually I'd not thought to check that as I'm using the LT version internally so I can't see the LEDs without opening the case.

Just checked - no errors, solid green LED.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (4. März 2009, 22:47)

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 23:05

That's with the pump connected directly to the Poweradjust, i.e. my "bypass" solution. Could try switching it back around again I suppose but I can't see it making any difference as the speed header is an output rather than an input although I suppose it could flag up a short or similar. Will try it when I can.

The Aquaero came from Kustom PCs and has been fine. All four fan headers work perfectly and the pump is currently connected to the same header that I connected the Poweradjust to without success so I'm pretty sure it's not the Aquaero that's at fault.

No, not a mod on [H] - is there someone over there with a similar nick? :)

Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, 23:47

I think at the [H] it was Vertigo Acid.

Don't bother switching back at this point, just trying to cover all the bases here. Is the included cable a two wire job? Have you checked the cable with an Ohm meter?

Is the board jumpered for speed control? (heading 6.1)

Read over heading "6.5.Speed" and see if anything shakes out. If your "Monitor speed signal for errors" is checked in the Aquasuite and you don't get a Status LED error I would suppose that your Poweradjust is borked.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (4. März 2009, 23:48)

Donnerstag, 5. März 2009, 00:29

One thing I meant to do but haven't yet is test the cable itself. It certainly looks intact but I don't have a meter handy to test it with. Need to sort that somehow.

No jumpers are in use - all software controlled atm.

I've tried all the various options with regards to the speed controls, nothing made any difference. What's surprising is that the unit works apart from this one output which is making me wonder if it's just a bad solder joint on the connector itself. Might dig it out of the machine and inspect it closely.

Donnerstag, 5. März 2009, 08:16

If you have a battery, some wire and a light you can make a quick continuity tester.

Several years ago a friend had an Aquaero that wouldn't take a software update. I took it home and found a solder bridge that obviously wasn't supposed to be there. I cleaned up the bridge and it started working fine. That particular Aquaero appeared to have been re-worked before being sent out. Might pay to check out the traces. :)

Samstag, 7. März 2009, 23:54

STILL no response from support, either in here or via email!

Sonntag, 8. März 2009, 04:35

CeBIT doesn't close till tomorrow (Sunday) so I wouldn't expect a reply today.