• 19.04.2024, 01:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaduct 360 XT mark III - Fittings to Convert to G 1/4 Thread

Donnerstag, 12. März 2009, 21:49

Can you advise me which of your fittings are necessary to convert the Aquaduct 360 XT mark III's fittings to my G 1/4 components and my tubbing with 1/2" ID 3/4" OD.

With this information I will be able to purchase [order and pay in advance] my mark III and have the fittings shipped at the same time as the Aquaduct.

Thank you for your help. :)
R.V.Brown, Sr.
Chambersburg, PA USA

Donnerstag, 12. März 2009, 22:20

This will get you to 3/8" ID hose: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1862

So why did you use garden hose? In this case size doesn't matter. You won't see any big differences if you used a 6mm, 8mm, or 10mm ID.

Size of 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD

Donnerstag, 12. März 2009, 23:33

Thank you so much for giving this 78 year old man a wonderful laugh! All of the research that I have done point out that the major cause of resitance through the tubbing is in fact the ID of the hose [all other factors being equal]. Many of those doing these studies point out in every instance that bigger tubbing is apparently an American preference whereas the European users prefer smaller ID. My case is a huge Lian Li and I have abundant room. Furthermore, my intent is to only cool my CPU and GPU.

I must remember your metaphor "garden hose" to describe my grandson's rig! 8o

Thank you for leading me to the proper fitting.
R.V.Brown, Sr.
Chambersburg, PA USA

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 02:43

While not sold here I believe there is a G 1/8 male to G 1/4 female fitting, but I'm not sure you can fit two of them on an Aquaduct. Hope your grandson appreciates your work on this from grandpa. 8)

BTW, there are a lot of us who live in the USA that don't subscribe to the bigger is better water cooling theories. I live in Southern California and my first WC rig was 6mm ID tubing and I got howls (from those who said it wasn't going to work) when I finished it up and got good performance. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (13. März 2009, 02:46)

Aquaduct 360 XT mark III - Fittings to Convert to G 1/4 Thread

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 07:46

You obviously are much more knowledgable than I concerning liquid cooling components and fittings. Let me share with one and all the major components I am committed to install: [1] Aquaduct 360 XT mark III - a G 1/8 thread configuration; [2] Aqua Computer cuplex XT di CPU water block - a G 1/4 thread configuration; [3] Danger Den GPU 4870 water block - a G 1/4 thread configuration; [4] Bitspower Black Freezer AIX48NSE - ASUS Rampage Extreme water block - a G 1/4 thread configuration.

My Lian Li full tower has the necessary two holes for running my tubbing from the Aquaduct into the three components.

Since all three components [CPU, GPU and NSE waterblocks] come with G 1/4 thread standard it made more sense to me to search for the most effecient-effective [water tight] set of fittings to convert the G 1/8 threads on the Aquaduct mark III to G 1/4 threads.

Furthermore, I have already purchased the three water blocks!

Do you believe these components will work well with the mark III? :whistling:
R.V.Brown, Sr.
Chambersburg, PA USA

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 08:35

It will work great. :thumbsup:

However, I would suggest using 3/8 ID as it is much easier to install and you won't see any difference in the ability of the computer to OC. It is really easy to find G 1/4 with 3/8" barbs both here and in the USA. Of course this is all moot if you already have purchased the fittings. In that case go with a G 1/8 with a 3/8 hose barb and look around for a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter in the USA (McMaster-Carr).

G 1/8 with 3/8 (10mm) hose barb.

G 1/4 with 3/8 (10mm) hose barbs.

Sidewinder Computers in the USA carries a wide variety of 3/8 G 1/4 fittings, but they do not carry any G 1/8 fittings.

Your Guidance

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 11:26

Thank you so much.

I have NOT purchased any of the fittings yet because I wanted to resolve the G 1/8 to G 1/4 issue first. That is the purpose of this search. I have been utilizing the following sites in the USA in my search for fittings: Dangere Den [their Fat Boy gets rave reviews], Performance, and my peresonal favorite, Sidewinder. :P
R.V.Brown, Sr.
Chambersburg, PA USA

fox3

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 16:27

I am using 3/8" tubing with similar parts. I have the Rampage Extreme also and am using the cuplex di with the full BP chipset (NB/ SB, and three MOSFETS can you say restrictive) on a single loop with a feser 480 rad and (1) ultra XT pump. I have a Q9650 and overclocked to 4.32GHz. My temps are not great but better than when on air @ 3.6 GHz. My flow rate is @ 2.0 l/m. I cannot put my aquagratiX on this same loop as I am pretty sure it will kill my temps besides adding even more restriction to the loop.

What I did was to purchase another Ultra XT pump which I will be adding in series to my loop tonight to see if my flow rate and temps improve. If not then another loop will be added and the BP chipset and GPU will go to that loop leaving the CPU independant which I believe will be the case and also something you might be planning for if your temps are not what you expected.

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 18:27

Hi,

we will create a turning part with G1/4" that can be used instead of the used G1/8" version that is mounted at the moment. This one can be changed easily, also at existing aquaducts and
will cost something in the range of 2€. We hope, that we will be able to sell this part in the next 8 weeks.

In general: The resistance of a watercooling loop depends much on the tubind used, thats correct. Also the flow depends on this. But the difference in temperatures you will get is so little, that we don't
think that anyone ever gets a opportunity from this!

For the resistance the length of a reduced inner dimension is very important. So if you think about the small adapter of the aquaduct I can guarantee you, that you will not be able to find a difference in flow between the used and the upcoming G1/4" version - definitly. But we will sell it, because we sell what the market wants.

fox3

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 19:51

>snip<
For the resistance the length of a reduced inner dimension is very important. So if you think about the small adapter of the aquaduct I can guarantee you, that you will not be able to find a difference in flow between the used and the upcoming G1/4" version - definitly. But we will sell it, because we sell what the market wants.

Looking to get a little better flow rate I swapped out the AC 5.6 mm 180° U-Turn flow meter for a Digemesa FHKUC 70 Hose inline and ended up with the exact same flow rate as before. ?(

So I guess what you say is accurate. I've searched this and other forums for flow rates with the Aquastream pumps and tubing diameter but am not getting a benchmark that I can compare my loop to other than my temps. What flow rate should one expect to get with say a cuplex di block only and 3/8" tubing with an AS pump, what should one expect adding say a chipset block to this same loop? I am @ 2 l/m with my loop but my temps at idle are ~36°C which I am trying to lower by a degree or three. :?:

USA Market and G 1/4 Threads

Freitag, 13. März 2009, 19:53

Stephan, I appreciate your response. Aqua Computer will be more than pleased by the general response in the USA market place. It is at times like this that I truly wish that we [USA] had converted to the metric system as we had planned to do way back in the 1960's. But as you are well aware we continue to struggle along on the ancient 12" = 1' system!

It is my intent to purchase my Mark III on April 1st and at that time I will purchase the necessary adapter from the Aqua Computer store so they ship together.

Since I have your attention at this moment would you please post on a reply email the exact item number of the proper fitting [or the web page link to the item] that will properly convert to a G 1/4 thread configuration?

Thank you so much one and all. This forum must be ranked by me to be among the most helpful and professional I have encountered in my search for liquid cooling solutions. I am truly looking forward to my purchase! 8o
R.V.Brown, Sr.
Chambersburg, PA USA