• 25.04.2024, 09:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Eheim pumps on Multiswitch and pwm function

Samstag, 14. März 2009, 22:08

I just picked up a Multiswitch LT and want to know how to set it up.

I have 3 1046-modified eheim pumps, 3 cathodes, and 2 fans that I want to hook up to the Multiswitch.

Can I safely use the pumps on the multiswitch (3 channels) and should I set the PWM function on or off?

I also want to install 8 led's to the led holes and was wondering if the multiswitch adjusts voltage automatically or will they burn out right away without a resistor installed on the led.

Samstag, 14. März 2009, 23:45

What exactly do you mean when you say 1046 modified pumps? If your speaking of an Aquastream pump you can see how to do it via the instruction manual for two Aquastreams.

Aquastream may look like an Eheim 1046 and share the same base plate, but they are two totally different animals.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (14. März 2009, 23:48)

Samstag, 14. März 2009, 23:50

It's actually an innovatek hpps, which is similar to that of the aqua 1046.

How many watts/amps does the aqua xt run at?

Samstag, 14. März 2009, 23:52

Does the HPPS run on 9 VAC?

I just sold an LT and it got delivered yesterday in Illinois. Was that mine?

Manuals and software are here.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (14. März 2009, 23:55)

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 00:09

yes that was me! heh Very small E-World :)

The thing is that the innovatek pumps only run at 5 watts or so.

I want to run 3 on 3 channels, along with 3 cathodes and 2 fans.

So basically 15-18 watts for the pumps and the rest.

Think it should be okay?

Btw, thanks again for the multiswitch! I forgot to write you back that I got it :thumbsup: 8o

The hpps is a very similar unit to the aqua, with an oversized propeller, addition tweaking, etc.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl…watts%26hl%3Den

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Eddie3dfx« (15. März 2009, 00:10)

fox3

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 00:35

According to aquasuite the XT runs at 586 mA, 12.21V and right now my pump is at 84.6 Hz

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 00:51

I think you need to get the HPPS information from Innovatek as they are not the same. We can help you with the Multiswitch, but we need for you to tell us the specs on your pumps. Also please keep in mind that you can't hook up the HPPS pumps to the same place as the Aquastream's do as the connection is an AC proprietary ribbon cable. This cable can be seen in the pic below:

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 00:59

According to aquasuite the XT runs at 586 mA, 12.21V and right now my pump is at 84.6 Hz

The German manual quotes the XT as being 12 VDC and a maximum of 18 watts (500ma to 1500ma). Please keep in mind that there are three (3) different variants of the Aquastream XT.

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 01:13

The hpps is a very similar unit to the aqua, with an oversized propeller, addition tweaking, etc.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl…watts%26hl%3Den
The link you provided (I read it) is over 5 years old and not really relevant to what we are talking about today. The XT is not the same as the Aquastream pump described in the above link. The XT is designed to be hooked up to the Aquasuite via a USB cable. Did you read the Multiswitch manual?

fox3

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 01:26

I have the XT Ultra but I believe all three XT's are the same, just dumbed down if you will and for a few pence can be "upgraded" to the next model up. I think the XT receives its power from the 4 pin molex although the USB might supply power I am not sure the multiswitch has to be connected to the USB but rather the MB. Mebbe the 4 pin molex can be connected to the MS to supply 12V through its terminals directly to the pump but I would leave that to the AC squad to answer.

*edit* The newer revision is what I am familiar with, the older XT had its own controller and is a different connection to the MS

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »fox3« (15. März 2009, 01:29)

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 01:53

I was about to say, there really isn't that much difference in terms of actual power produced/used in these different variants of the 1046.

An xt @ 72hz is not going to run that much different than a hpps @ 72hz. I've seen a lot of updated benchmarks that shoggy showed on a different forum.

Yes, I read the manual. I pretty much my answer that it will work. I was just curious to double check this in case it did produce more watts/amps than I had anticipated. The XT doesn't run off the aquero, it interfaces with the aquero. Usb provides too little power to actual power up this pump. The XT and aquero would be the optimal setup, because you have the ability to run it through software with more settings. Mine is simply more manual, with me splicing the wires directly into the multiswitch for simple 12v control.

Thanks for all your help guys and thanks for the multiswitch!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Eddie3dfx« (15. März 2009, 01:57)

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 03:16

Just make sure you read about hooking up inductive loads to the Multiswitch in the manual. Are you doing all the configuration manually with the onboard jumpers? The USB cable is to control the Multiswitch and the XT through the Aquasuite software. Also make sure that all your devices will utilize PWM before engaging that jumper!

I'm happy to see someone using the Multiswitch as it just sat around in my closet for years. ;( But the money I got for it is helping to stimulate the German economy. ;)

Montag, 16. März 2009, 20:52

I will keep you guys updated on my worklog!

I will turn the Pwm function off, because I'm not 100% sure it's compatible with the pumps, therefore it must be turned off for safety reasons. Yes, this is a blessing, because I wanted to keep the system very clean in terms of wiring. All the radiator fans will run off the crystalfontz lcd-fan controller and the pumps, a few fans, and lights will run on the multiswitch.. now I just have to sleeve everything (runs and hides) LOL.

http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-l…er-3-loops.html