• 19.04.2024, 17:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New Filter device.

Mittwoch, 18. März 2009, 15:41

First off, hello everyone. The new filter, can it be horizontal and vertically mounted, and what are the dimensions of it? ( I am trying to figure out if I can get it mounted on top of a Lian Li A770B). Also, I have used magnetic oil filters in my motorcycle before, have you tried putting a magnet to see if it picks up any microscopic metallic pieces, or is that just asking for disaster?

fox3

Mittwoch, 18. März 2009, 16:50

I am not sure you would want any metals in your loop that is magnetic. That would seem to me to encourage rust. Brass, Nickel, Copper, Stainless Steel are prolly the safest metals to use and to an extent aluminum along with additives.

JMHO FWIW

Mittwoch, 18. März 2009, 19:19

Yes, on the motorcycle oil filter, it is a disc that screws onto the base of the oil filter then the complete assembly screws onto the engine. When you replace the oil and filter, you take off the magnetic filter to use with the new oil filter. There will be grey paste on the magnetic filter which you clean off with a cloth, that's the microscopic metal particles collected by the mag filter. But, I too wonder how that would affect a PC cooling system.

Donnerstag, 19. März 2009, 03:47

Well I hope I don't have any magnetic substances in my loop, but why not throw a magnet in the Aquatube just to see what happens. There are some forms of stainless steel that are magnetic. Why don't you try it out and let us know the results.

As far as size I don't know, but when my order shows up here in the states I will gladly post some pics and measurements. :)

Freitag, 20. März 2009, 20:46

The measurements for the filter would be great, so I can plan a cutout in the top of the case, thanks very much!

Freitag, 27. März 2009, 17:37

Mine has arrived today. The stainless steel faceplate measures 6.7 cm x 6.7 cm, with an extra 2cm to the bottom of the valves. Its about 3.5cm thick.

Donnerstag, 2. April 2009, 13:15

Thanks very much!