• 23.04.2024, 19:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Setting correctly the external flow sensor for aquastream XT ultra

Samstag, 21. März 2009, 09:31

Hi, i have an aquastream xt ultra.
it's fine but i not sure i've setted up the flow sensor correctly.
i have this flow sensor:
http://www.digmesa.com/digmesa/upload/pd…8-357001_GB.pdf

on the aquastream i've put these settings:
calibration value in impulses/l:165
but what is the purpose of the measuring impulses ???
actulally it's on 8 so it indicates me a flow rate of 57L.
this flow seems to me a little bit low.
what should be the correct values ??

Samstag, 21. März 2009, 10:02

The manufacturer recommends that you check the flow rate after installation. Just find out how much coolant gets pumped in a minute x 5-10 runs and divide by the runs you made to get a good average. Then you adjust the IPL setting in the Aquaero or Aquasuite to match what you did in your test runs.

The IPL are strictly an electrical data to interface to the real world. If you want to know how many revolutions of the paddle equals a pulse you would have to ask the manufacturer. It sounds to me like you have set the Aquaero or Aquasuite to read in Liters per Minute, correct? If so then you are running 8 Liters per Minute.

Why do you think the flow is a bit low? And more importantly is your computer acting in a detrimental manner?

EDIT: Where are you entering in the IPL to? To The Aquastream XL page or the external Flowmeter page? Are you just using the Aquasuite or do you have an Aquaero? Just so we are on the same page here you need to know that the AC support staff will not answer your questions as they relate to a product that they don't sell or support. I am not part of the AC support staff.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (21. März 2009, 10:27)

Samstag, 21. März 2009, 11:46

i just have an aquastream XT
and i work on the aquasuite software that's all.
it's strange as i thought that as the sensor datasheet indicates that the settings are 165 impulse /litter
you jsut have to make a simple ratio to have the flow.
for exemple: 206 pulses per minute would give me aprox 75l per hour

but i really don't know what to put as a standard value on that field (Number of measuring impulses)
if i let the default 8 then the software indicates me a flow of 57.50l per hour
if i put 50 then i have a 359l per hour flow.

so what should be the value for a direct translation without any correction ???
i don't have any mean other of that sensor to mesure the flow.

and why i think it's low is because i thought that this pump would be at least a 300l per hour if not more.
60 to 300... event at low speed it looks wrong to me.
and no i don't have problems with my pc.

thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »psychotik2k3« (21. März 2009, 11:48)

Samstag, 21. März 2009, 11:50

jsut a question are you the top nurse that was banned from xtrem system forum because they didn't like you to say that metal mix can be achieved if you use anti corrosive additive ????

fox3

Samstag, 21. März 2009, 16:49

I am using a similar flow sensor: http://www.uptom.cn/data/digmesa/fhku/938-3870AE032_GB.pdf the FHKUC 70 Hose,

After swapping out the 180 degree AC flow sensor and setting the aquaero to 165 impulses/litre I get the exact same reading as the AC sensor on the aquaero. I did not set it up to the pump and do not know what the "Number of measuring impulses of 8" means in the XT but I would set the calibration value in impulses/litre to 165 and see if you get ~ 120 l/h or 2 l/m with the XT at ~ 80Hz. That is what I was getting with my loop and I know it is a bit restrictive but the temps are ok.

Samstag, 21. März 2009, 23:58

jsut a question are you the top nurse that was banned from xtrem system forum because they didn't like you to say that metal mix can be achieved if you use anti corrosive additive ????

Same same :thumbsup:

Ran aluminum, copper, brass, nickel plated brass, and silver in the same loop for many years without a single problem by using AC Fluid.

I was looking at the Aquasuite layout for the Aquastream and those numbers are strictly for the Aquastream. You need to be using the Pulse per Liter numbers in the "Flow sensors" page.

Sonntag, 22. März 2009, 22:12

ok thanks,
i agreed with you about the fact that a good additive protects you correctly. (and had of course reprobations of a guy who flamed you)

yes i jsut transform my good old reserator 1 after 4 years of 24/7 fonctionning (ok maybe 13-15 days of stop in 4 years)
and i use my reserator as a giant tank, added a MCR320 an aquastream xt pump and ek supreme lt waterblock.
waiting for my GPU waterblock.
but actually i have a 20 celsius degres drop compared to my old system with just my reserator with it's fan on top.

i just use the additive for the reserator to be sure not to have corrosion and th'ats ok.
i even think that the guys on xtrem forum that don't wnat to put anticorrosive additive are nuts.
it's just like you can go out and have sex with different people every night without condom... you can, but it's not so safety.

here's pictures of my 4 years cpu wtareblock that jsut retired now

and a picture of my new frankenstein like cooling system.

and about this wierd parameter, sometimes it changes the flow value, and sometimes it's just like if i don't touch it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »psychotik2k3« (22. März 2009, 22:15)

Montag, 23. März 2009, 00:31

The Aquastream XT values page is onty for the Aquastream! You need toi put those values back to stock. Then enter in your new Pulses per Liter from Digimesa into the Aquasuite "flow Sensors" page. Then all will be good to read your flow off the "sensors page."

Montag, 23. März 2009, 00:35

I am using a similar flow sensor: http://www.uptom.cn/data/digmesa/fhku/938-3870AE032_GB.pdf the FHKUC 70 Hose,

After swapping out the 180 degree AC flow sensor and setting the aquaero to 165 impulses/litre I get the exact same reading as the AC sensor on the aquaero. I did not set it up to the pump and do not know what the "Number of measuring impulses of 8" means in the XT but I would set the calibration value in impulses/litre to 165 and see if you get ~ 120 l/h or 2 l/m with the XT at ~ 80Hz. That is what I was getting with my loop and I know it is a bit restrictive but the temps are ok.

Tell me if I am wrong, but AFAIK the Aquatream XT does NOT have a separate flow meter correct? Isn't the Aquastream XT just extrapolating what it figures is the flow based on its design and the speed the impeller is turning?

fox3

Montag, 23. März 2009, 06:49

The new XT cannot read flow rate but has a connector that can be used for either aquabus or flow sensor but not both.

If you use it for flow sensor than in aquasuite you set the flow sensor impulse/litre accordingly and "Number of Measuring Impulses" which is defaulted to 8.

Not sure what the number of measuring impulses controls and it is not in any literature that I have found.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »fox3« (23. März 2009, 06:50)

Montag, 23. März 2009, 08:38

That really seems odd to me as the Aquasuite has a tab for flow meters (presumably attached to Aquaero's or Multi-Switch's) and a separate one for flow meters that are attached via the Aquastream pump?

I can see I better shut up about these new fangled pumps till I get one here and hook it up. :S

Montag, 23. März 2009, 19:50

lol
well i have to admit that i am really satisifed with my system event if apparetly i have a lot of resistance due to several choices just like the 90° flow out of the pump.
But i assume it becaus eit helps me a lot with managing the tubbing outside.
and so the same inside the pc.

fox3

Montag, 23. März 2009, 20:41

The choices we have now for 90° elbows are much less restrictive than what was available in the past.

You might consider using something like this at the pump discharge: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/big14shsidur.html in future builds.

Dienstag, 24. März 2009, 20:47

yes thanks that's cool, not cheap but cool.

Dienstag, 24. März 2009, 22:05

yes thanks that's cool, not cheap but cool.

It's pennies next to what it is attached to. ;)