• 19.04.2024, 23:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

NEW! high flow sensor

Samstag, 4. April 2009, 14:17

AC is at it again, my wallet is having a hard time keeping up here. 8o

Looks like another Digimesa paddle wheel flow sensor with G 1/4 spigots and designed for Aquastream XT and other high flow pumps. Here is the link to the forum with pics. Here is the webshop link translated by Google. The main body of the unit appears to be made of Delrin with a stainless steel cover plate.

Appears to hook up to the Aquaero and I assume an Aquastream XT that has the flow sensor enabled. The pulses per liter setting is 158.

NOTE: I believe that the minimum flow is 40 liters per hour, so take this into account before purchasing.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (4. April 2009, 14:30)

MrToad

Samstag, 4. April 2009, 14:53

:D

I've PM-ed Shoggy to see if he has pressure drop curves for this one.

I have an inkling (looking at the connector, the placement of the threads, overall shape and the ppl value) that it's based on a Digimesa G1/4 male flow meter. However, if they've increase the flow path to 9-10mm (like in the G1/2 ones) from the original 5.6mm they're truly onto a winner!

And for those with windows in their cases (not my case... soundproofing > bling) it's probably the best looking flow meter that's readily available (there are some sexy flow meters that are encased on a stainless steel "cube", with G1/4 female threads, good accuracy and negligible pressure drop, but if you don't have £120 to spare for each, and you don't want 100 of them, you're out of luck :P)

Anyway, if the pressure drop curve is reasonable, I want three of these. Yesterday. :P

fox3

RE: NEW! high flow sensor

Sonntag, 5. April 2009, 03:10

AC is at it again, my wallet is having a hard time keeping up here. 8o

+1

I saw that but thort it had to be an April Fools Gag. I just bought two 7 mm Digimesa's to boot.

I like it that it has G1/4 threads rather than molded barbs.

First the inline tempsensor and now this. Mebbe next we will see ultra low restrictive Quick Disconnects for 3/8" tubing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »fox3« (5. April 2009, 03:12)

MrToad

Samstag, 18. April 2009, 18:03

Mwaahahahahahahhaahahah!

I was right on my educated guess. It's based on the Digmesa flow meter. Aquacomputer has basically made a custom delrin housing with a SS top (much better looking | must admit) and fitted the impeller and sensor module in it.

Nozzle size is 7 mm, in par with the barbed housing and bigger than the G1/4 male versions (the biggest nozzle size available in these is 5.6 mm). So, pressure drop curves should match those found in the barbed version.

If they'd have based their design on the G1/2 version, they could have used a nozzle size of 10 mm and have completely negligible pressure drop (less than a swifty MCW60 block), but the catch is, these ones don't read below 3 lpm and have a very low ppl count (65 and 130 in the ones I've seen available).

A little glitch though, there is no arrow to indicate the flow direction. Want to bet someone will rig them the wrong way around? :P

All in all, I call this contraption a success! It looks much better than the original Digmesa device, it's more "user friendly" than the barbed (which is not suitable for 1/2 ID tubing) version and the G/14 male version (which requires barrels or female fittings), and is sensibly priced.

EDIT: I've already modded the design :) I've "cone shaped" the inlet/outlet so the flow is funnelled rather than hitting a solid wall (while respecting the nozzle diameter to preserve the accuracy). Easily done and should decrease the flow resistance :D

Sonntag, 19. April 2009, 03:52

A little glitch though, there is no arrow to indicate the flow direction. Want to bet someone will rig them the wrong way around?

That's because you can put fluid through either end? :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (19. April 2009, 04:12)

MrToad

Sonntag, 19. April 2009, 18:02

A little glitch though, there is no arrow to indicate the flow direction. Want to bet someone will rig them the wrong way around?

That's because you can put fluid through either end? :D

Hahahahahhahaha!

Yes, you can. I mean, there's nothing stopping you. However, the meter ain't gonna work :P

fox3

Sonntag, 19. April 2009, 18:22

I thort I read a post by Shoggy which stated it is bi-directional. I might be wrong on this but pretty sure it read that either port could be used as an intake.

MrToad

Sonntag, 19. April 2009, 18:55

I thort I read a post by Shoggy which stated it is bi-directional. I might be wrong on this but pretty sure it read that either port could be used as an intake.

Hmmm... I don't see it clear myself. The original sensor is not reversible, and they've changed the body, not the sensor, I don't see how that can suddenly make it reversible... ?(

Montag, 20. April 2009, 05:37

It's the size of the hole that matters.

MrToad

Dienstag, 21. April 2009, 22:42

It's the size of the hole that matters.

So, in the end, size does matter? :P

Anyway, call me skeptical if you may, but I'll follow my instinct and rig them the same way the original flow meter is rigged...

Mittwoch, 22. April 2009, 08:31

Whoever told you size doesn't matter had a whee whee. ;)

The original U flow meter's (Digimesa) flow was predicated upon a 3.3 mm hole. Some people reversed the flow through the meter and was able to use the approx 6mm hole inlet and boring out the original input. The Digimesa flow meters (unless they have changed something) will send the correct signal no matter which way they are turning. Many other flow meters do not have that capability such as the Koolance flow meter. Here are pics of the original flow meter for comparison to your new flow meter:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (22. April 2009, 08:32)

MrToad

Freitag, 24. April 2009, 01:54

Whoever told you size doesn't matter had a whee whee. ;)

Hahahahhhahahahaha! I was going to say that the first person I heard that from was my mother, but there's something inherently wrong about how that reads :S

The original U flow meter's (Digimesa) flow was predicated upon a 3.3 mm hole. Some people reversed the flow through the meter and was able to use the approx 6mm hole inlet and boring out the original input. The Digimesa flow meters (unless they have changed something) will send the correct signal no matter which way they are turning. Many other flow meters do not have that capability such as the Koolance flow meter.

I see... you know, because I already damaged a flow meter (sold by Innovatek, but don't know who the manufacturer was) by rigging it the wrong way round, and all the Digmesa ones I've got here have an arrow to mark the flow direction, I put 2 and 2 together... and got 5.

Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected :)

Malik

Montag, 27. April 2009, 00:29

CPU: Intel QX 9650
Mobo: Asus Rampage Formula
Mem: Apogee GT 4GB
Sound: Asus Xonar D2
GPU: EVGA GTX 280 FTW
Power: Antec Signature 850W
My LC Project

Dienstag, 28. April 2009, 01:04

Nice pics, but we want to see what's inside! Just remove the four (4) screws, lift off the lid, and snap a few pics. :D

I would post the same, but my package still isn't here yet. :cursing:

Dienstag, 28. April 2009, 13:50

Since several days it is available in the German thread:
Neu: High flow Durchflussensor

Dienstag, 28. April 2009, 18:45

Since several days it is available in the German thread:
Neu: High flow Durchflussensor

As I mentioned earlier it appears to be flow agnostic in terms of direction, as most of the previous AC flow meters were. But the big question I got is the size of hole going through to the impellers.

Malik

Dienstag, 26. Mai 2009, 17:10

I have question about l/h results on this flowmeter. On my pump which is swiftech mcp355 i have 120-130 l/h ( on 100% power and 169 impulse set on aquaero ). The same pump and liquidcooling setup ( the same blocks ) but on diffrent flowmeter - GMR ( i set him like producer said ) i have 240 l/h.

And i don't have which results is good or wrong :huh: Any sugestions ?
My LC Project

Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2009, 08:49

The flowrate depends on the flow direction. If you install the flowmeter against the flow direction shown on the flowmeter you get a flow rate which is twice higher then the real flowrate.

Please check the connection and the flow direction when using the second flowmeter - GMR. The first flowrate should be the right.
"Man kann nicht immer gewinnen! Wer es aber nicht versucht, hat schon verloren."

Malik

Freitag, 29. Mai 2009, 01:35

The flowrate depends on the flow direction. If you install the flowmeter against the flow direction shown on the flowmeter you get a flow rate which is twice higher then the real flowrate.

Please check the connection and the flow direction when using the second flowmeter - GMR. The first flowrate should be the right.

I will try to rotate my flow meter and check it out ;)

UPDATE:

I mount upside down and nothing, the same value of flow :(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Malik« (29. Mai 2009, 19:35)

My LC Project