• 17.04.2024, 01:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

AntDX316

got a problem with the 295 GTX waterblock cooler

Donnerstag, 9. April 2009, 00:57

i followed the direction and put everything carefully tightended everything

when it boots its green for 1 or 2 seconds then red and blue

i plug only 1 connector its just red no blue no green

when i put the stock cooler back on its green solid then blue

when i put the waterblock back on its Green for 1 or 2 seconds then Red and Blue

do u have to tighten the screws very tightly for it to work properly?? i tightened as best i could to the point of stripping

i noticed i did put enough thermal on the gpu cause on both sides theres alot

do i have to Really gob it on and on the memory for it to work properly?

i mean like 1mm gob on each side?

cause im pretty sure theres not enough contact

Donnerstag, 9. April 2009, 10:29

Are you saying that your screen is one solid color? Did you try out the card before putting a water block on it?

AntDX316

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 02:51

what im saying is the card is fine with the stock cooler back on

but when i put that cooler on its green for 1 or 2 seconds during boot then sold red and solid blue

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 03:08

I would RMA the card. Alternatively, you should also look for places where the water block is touching components it isn't supposed to be touching. Is this your first attempt at water cooling?

These water blocks don't need to be screwed down as tight as they will go. Just enough that it maintains contact securely. I think you are warping the board and a component or circuit trace is possible breaking away.

I would probably take the water block and use something like dykem on it and then fit it up to the card with no thermal interface material to see where the block is touching the card.

Who makes your video card?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (10. April 2009, 03:13)

AntDX316

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 11:01

this is like my 10th video card waterblock installation

because this card does not have studs where the block goes it doesnt screw even

this is the most horrible waterblock

everything including Danger Den is easy

they have the studs

i had Danger Dens no problems Swiftech No Problems

because the bottom does not have screw studs its not possible to tell how much to screw

along with using the really small screws on the 4 center is bad because it can cause stripping

the bigger screws r better because u can have good tight contact on the block

the card is good cause i just said i put the stock cooler back on and it works idiot

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 07:36

Hey dude I was just trying to be helpful and don't appreciate being called an idiot. So do you want to work on fixing the situation or do you want to play games?

AntDX316

Montag, 13. April 2009, 10:22

well why the crap doesnt it work when i put the block on

Montag, 13. April 2009, 10:36

More than likely something is touching a component that's not supposed to be. What is the manufacturer of your video card? Is the card built to the Nvidia reference design?

Added 4-13-09:

I'm fairly sure the water block was made to the Nvidia reference design. If you have a card that isn't to the reference design it will probably never work properly. Asus and others commonly make cards that do not follow the reference design, which is why I keep asking you for the cards manufacturer. If you do not have a reference design card then it is still possible to make it work, but you will have to do some machining as well as some tool and die work to make sure you are not inappropriately hitting something.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (14. April 2009, 08:02)

Dienstag, 14. April 2009, 18:02

post pictures from every angle ..

AntDX316

Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, 09:56

its an EVGA 295GTX

i have followed the directions Step By Step

it does not work with this because of the little small screws in the middle and no screw studs so its like nearly impossible to tell if u have tightened too much or too little

i should have just stuck with danger den but this block was all copper so i was brought in

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »AntDX316« (15. April 2009, 09:57)

fox3

Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, 17:28

its an EVGA 295GTX
>snip<
its like nearly impossible to tell if u have tightened too much or too little

:rolleyes: if the card starts to bend, it's too tight ... if it does not make contact, it's too loose :whistling:

We are not torqqueing down head bolts here so if it feels snug you are prolly in range. My guess is you are prolly making unwanted contact somewhere but not being able to see your work it is impossible to tell.

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 11:42

post pictures from every angle ..

Now why didn't I think of that? :thumbsup:

So which EVGA 295GTX model do you have, as they make three different models? Does your model have a back plate? Have you thought about buying a back plate if you don't have one?

it does not work with this because of the little small screws in the middle and no screw studs so its like nearly impossible to tell if u have tightened too much or too little

Pics please? BTW, I have never used the stock screws on any of my Aquacomputer water blocks. If it doesn't fit right you should head on down to the hardware store and get the stuff that you need...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (16. April 2009, 12:08)

AntDX316

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 14:36

i rmaed my card and bought a danger den

r u insane it looks level when i start screwing it down

therefore its impossible to tell how much millimeter weight of torque to apply

who wants to buy my 295GTX Waterblock its in perfect condition with 1/2" barb fittings without the thermal pads tho

and it comes with all the screws

fox3

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 16:08

>snip<
r u insane it looks level when i start screwing it down

More importantly ... did it look level when you were done screwing it down?

AntDX316

Freitag, 17. April 2009, 06:00

trust me u cannot tell how much u screwed

i tried light and both hard none made the card work

but when i put the stock cooler it worked

putting the waterblock back it didnt work again