• 23.04.2024, 08:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Internal USB splitter cable

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 05:27

This is something I think many Aquaero users etc would like. I don't know if I'm missing something, but why is there nothing like it on the market (at least that I can find).

I'm not talking about splitting a single USB port into severall but rather fanning out the two available ports in a internal dual port USB connector into two cables each ending in an internal single port contact. Most of the time you get something like it with your motherboard only it ends in two external ports on a backend bracket instead.

Looking for example at the Asus P6T6 WS Revolution it has 3 dual headers internaly, each looking like this

1234-

Where upper row is one port and lower row another port (5th pin upper row not connected)
1= +5v, 2= -, 3= +, 4= GND

Am I missing some technical difficulty with making such a splitter since they seems non existant??
Only thing I can see directly from the Aquaero manual is that it uses a 5 pin layout with 2 ground wires, could that realy be a deal breaker?

MrToad

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 03:36

Am I missing the point on there's no point on this?

What's the difference between connecting two single row wire-to-board housings or a single double row housing?

And if that bothers you, you can always "salvage" a double row housing from a double port bracket (the female pins release lifting carefully the latch on the housing), remove the single row housing from the two cables, and plug the pins in the double row housing.

Edit: By the way, the 2nd ground wire is the cable's shielding (the wire mesh wrapped around the conductors).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MrToad« (11. April 2009, 04:00)

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 07:41

I'm not sure what your question is, but I want to make sure you understand that the Aquaero pin assignment is not a standard MB USB header configuration. On a MB the #1 pin is hot and on the Aquaero the #5 pin is hot. I think a lot of people hook the Aquaero up backwards and I just want to save you some grief. :)

Edit: Went back and reread your OP. The reason there is nothing on the market is that you can easily buy a single USB cable or make your own double yourself. The Aquaero comes with a single USB cable that is intended to hook up to a MB header.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (12. April 2009, 03:30)

torres

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2009, 08:39

Thanks