• 24.05.2024, 10:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Need some good advise for wc

Montag, 18. Mai 2009, 01:42

(posted this at the german forum sorry for my mistake)
Hi folks this is my first post here so bare with me :)

After researching the internet for a good quality wc set, first i
wanted the swiftech mpc 655 pump but after some reply's in other forums
it is not as quiet as the Aquastream XT pump a silent pc is what i want
plus the mcp 655 has 24WATT means more heat output.

Anyway i want to cool my cpu and gpu i have 4 questions hope one of you can answer these questions for me.

This is what i have in mind a Aquastream XT pump, Aquacomputer
AquagraFX GTX 260 gpu block, CPU block.....?, Swiftech micro reservoir
rev2, Swiftech mcr320 radiator. compression fittings, feser tubing. and
6 Noiseblocker 120mm fans.

1: Is the Aquastream XT so much more silent then the Swiftech mcp 655?

2: I want to use all of the components (cpu & gpu) with
Aquacomputer parts, but i read that the aquacomputer cpu blocks are of
the restrictive kind if it where a cpu only wc set that wouldnt be a
problem, but i want to watercool the gpu as well. So can the Aquastream
XT pump handle one of your cpu blocks together with a gpu block without
problems and if so what core i7 Aquacomputer cpu block do you recommend?

3: Can i use compression fittings 3/8" ID G1/4 (like Feser, Koolance or
Bitzpower) to fit in one of your i7 cpu blocks or gpu blocks without
having issues concerning "space" (inlet-outlet holes)? like on of
these:

http://www.thecoolingshop.com/product_in…roducts_id/2959

4: Do you think the Aquastream XT pump will fit in a Lian li without problems? really love this case see links:

http://techreport.com/articles.x/16258

http://techreport.com/articles.x/16258/2

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/…3100134965l.jpg

Thanks in advance.

fox3

Montag, 18. Mai 2009, 08:17

I am using the AS XT ultra with a cuplex XT di and bitspower full chipset blocks and a feser 480 rad with 3/8" tubing, It is low flow but the temps are ok. I added a second pump and the temps remained the same.

The GPU will be dumping a bunch of heat into the loop so you might want to consider this if you are using a single loop and plan to overclock.

Montag, 18. Mai 2009, 22:11

Thanks for the reply,

No i'm not into heavy overclocking but i might do a little overclocking in this case a core i7 920 from 2.66ghz to 3.0ghz, this should be fine right for the pump? There shouldt be a problem if i overclock a little and using a cpu and gpu waterblock, thats why i am concerned of the restrictive cpu block from Aquacomputer well if i use low restrictive blocks (if aquacomputer has them) there shouldnt be problems for the pump right?

Is there someone who can answer the other questions i asked in the first post?

Thanks in advance.

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2009, 14:44

I currently run a setup very similar to the one you are planning: Aquastream XT pump, AquagraFX260GTX GPU block, Airplex XT360 radiator together with a cuplex XT di² CPU block.
This setup keeps my C2Q 9550 overclocked @3.2GHz at 40° C and the GPU (GT260) at 55-60° C with full load, so the pump seems to be powerfull enough to handle the 2 cooling blocks.
The cuplex XT di² CPU block is available with several different mounting brackets, there also is one for S1366 (i7). I'm using 8/6mm Push-In connectors and there is space between them on the CPU block, so the fittings you linked should fit on the block. ebony and ivory by SirTom | Workbook mit vielen Bildern take a look at the 5. picture.
The pump is not that big, its ~6.5x5.5x11 cm without fittings, but the case you linked is not realy big too so you will have problems mounting the pump inside. Possible solutions would be where the upper left HDD mounting bracket is placed, or the bottom right in front of the mainboard. You can not mount the radiator inside the case, thats sure.
I can't say anything about the Swiftech pump you mentioned, but the Aquastream XT is really silent, my 4 Spinpoints produce a lot more noise than the pump.

Samstag, 23. Mai 2009, 02:55

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I'm confident enough to get the aquastream xt, its to good to be left alone :)
Your cpu the C2Q 9550 wich you overclocked to @3.2GHz at 40° C are these temps at idle or full load?
any way thank you all for the help.

Samstag, 23. Mai 2009, 12:42

40°C is at a "normal" load, 2 cores @70-80% and 2 @~5-10%, in idle-mode it runs at ~28-29-35-36 and at full load (all cores at 100%) it goes up to ~44-46° on all cores.