• 20.04.2024, 03:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suck or Blow?

Samstag, 13. Juni 2009, 10:53

Hi, when mounting fans on a radiator, should they blow, eg push air through the radiator, or suck, eg pull air through the radiator? Many Thanks, Mark.

Samstag, 13. Juni 2009, 11:34

some say that fans will work a little more quiet when sucking (less turbulences)

however it is always a good idea to get the hot air out of the case (no matter how the fans are mounted on the radiator)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 07:34

It is better to "suck" through the radiator.
The advantages are:
1. The hot air is "sucked" out of the case.
2. When you "suck" the air out of the case, fresh air flows into the case because of the low-pressure.

If you "blow" the air through the radiator, the air in the case will be very hot and you can not cool down the computer components so well.

Kind regards.
"Man kann nicht immer gewinnen! Wer es aber nicht versucht, hat schon verloren."

fox3

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 17:18

You will want to use your fans to pull cooler air thruogh the rad. All tests I have read show that push works better at higher fan rpm's at 1500 and above. If you are using a quieter solution, under 1500 rpm, than pull is the way to go.

If your rad is located in your case than you might want to consider pulling cooler air across the rad and into the case for the best cooling results and use case fans to control case temps. You do not want to use warmer air from the case to coll the rad as your temps will suffer and your cpu and other blocks will run hotter.

jimtaylor

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2009, 11:57

I think sucking would do some better as it would cause low pressure..which is good.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jimtaylor« (29. Juli 2009, 11:58)

Beaker

Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2009, 21:04

hmmmm suck or blow.....
ask your girlfriend :evil:

jerome ablin

unregistriert

Sonntag, 2. August 2009, 22:43

suck is more effective, it suck the hot air away.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »hobbes_dmS« (4. August 2009, 22:32)

Dienstag, 4. August 2009, 22:33

jerome, I'm shure yoiu meant this in a funny way, but we don't want Links like that in our Forum...
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

webbyweb

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 6. August 2009, 12:37

go on sucking ...lolz!! :D :D

rhino1

unregistriert

Dienstag, 18. August 2009, 11:46

hmmmm suck or blow.....
ask your girlfriend :evil:
hehehe... Funny. but Sucking would be fine for you.

Dienstag, 25. August 2009, 04:59

Unless you are looking for uber temp control I don't think you will find a discernible difference. I Iput them in whatever way is easiest and looks the best.

nickadams

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 26. August 2009, 06:39

it does matter whether to suck or blow. Try that best suits your needs for keeping the temperature low

defender777

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 3. September 2009, 07:48

sucking will give better results as it will take hot air out of the case hence causes decrease in temperature.

Freitag, 4. September 2009, 10:39

sucking will give better results as it will take hot air out of the case hence causes decrease in temperature.

You really sure about that? ?(