• 24.04.2024, 10:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

pgr13

BEWARE of aquacomputer's FLOW SENSOR!

Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2009, 23:14

I just received my flow sensor today and just found out it does no come with appropriate cable for connection.
SO I JUST SPEND 40+ on a piece of shite.Found out that Aqua computer sells it separately for several more dollars
But nobody has it available here state side.Not even a wire diagram!!!!!!!!!!

Iam done with this company!!!!!!!!
No were on its website that I can see states it does not come with a cable.

I should have bought a koolance sensor at least it would have worked out of the box. :cursing: X( :thumbdown:

fox3

Freitag, 19. Juni 2009, 03:33

?(
mebbe you coulda just asked here for help, I'm just sayin

pgr13

Freitag, 19. Juni 2009, 05:22

?(
mebbe you coulda just asked here for help, I'm just sayin
Dude ! Its not like I need help! they sold an incomplete product .Iam not the only one thats upset .I even talked to one of the guys at sidewinder and he to is very upset with this situation.
How Do sell a flow sensor that you cant use with out buying something else?
The point is this you spend 40+ dollars hoping its going to work when you get you physically cant, because you didn't know that you had to purchase a cable and there website doesn't mention it.Only in the forums.
Its like buying a porsch without its turbos.Is this good business ? i would say No!

Iam not upset with you so dont take it the wrong way.

Freitag, 19. Juni 2009, 07:37

Its not like I need help!

1. Seems different to me...
2. A Porsche without a turbo would still work - just not that fast... Maybe a bad example.
3. When you check out the webshop of AC it says: "scope of supply: one flow sensor" That kinda does not sound like"scope of supply: one flow sensor and all necessary cables"...

Freitag, 19. Juni 2009, 08:04

Which flow sensor do you bought?

On the page of the flow sensor "high flow" you can read:

Zur Auswertung werden weitere Komponenten (siehe Kompatibilitätsliste) sowie ein passendes Anschlusskabel (Art.-Nr. 53027) benötigt, diese befinden sich nicht im Lieferumfang!

In englisch:

For analyses you need further components (see list of components) as well as a connecting cable (Part-No. 53027). They are not included in the scope of supply.
"Man kann nicht immer gewinnen! Wer es aber nicht versucht, hat schon verloren."

pgr13

Freitag, 19. Juni 2009, 15:42

Its not like I need help!

1. Seems different to me...
2. A Porsche without a turbo would still work - just not that fast... Maybe a bad example.
3. When you check out the webshop of AC it says: "scope of supply: one flow sensor" That kinda does not sound like"scope of supply: one flow sensor and all necessary cables"...
To a point you are right on any NON NA car.BUT ! Newer Porsche you have to read the binary code on the ecu and alter timing,fueling ,disable several safety protocols. even cold start has to be altered and the reason for all this is so you dont damage the motor.But Yes you can start it up without turbos but drive it NO! the ECU will shut you down before hitting a certain RPM rang. Tuning Porcshe ,Audi's ,VW is what I do for a living my friend.
So yes its a very good example! Because I can still use the flow meter in line but electrically NO.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pgr13« (19. Juni 2009, 15:52)

fox3

Freitag, 19. Juni 2009, 17:33

I have my Z06 supercharged, power on demand. I love playing with "P" cars. When They best me its "expected" but when I spank them it always "do over" for one reason or another ....

I have an AC flow meter and two digimesa fhkuc 70, none came with a cable if I remember correctly. The digimesa meters came from another source than AC so I guess it is normal to provide them separately.
If you need to fab one up LMK and I can get you pics of the connector.

pgr13

Freitag, 19. Juni 2009, 19:44

I have my Z06 supercharged, power on demand. I love playing with "P" cars. When They best me its "expected" but when I spank them it always "do over" for one reason or another ....

I have an AC flow meter and two digimesa fhkuc 70, none came with a cable if I remember correctly. The digimesa meters came from another source than AC so I guess it is normal to provide them separately.
If you need to fab one up LMK and I can get you pics of the connector.
Thats a very sweet car! nice chunk of power stock too.I have A4 1.8t bore and stroked to 2.0L Pushing 575whp ,big turbo,rods pistons,cams,stage 5 clutch ,9 pound fly wheel and every time I race a Honda,Evo, Sti and win I get the same thing to so I know what you mean.I always say just face it! you lost.

I think I will take you up on that offer Fox3 if you could I would appreciate it. My Email is pgr13@verizon.net

If Iam correct I think that connector is a H8800 3pin molex. its what they used in the old at+atx psu.

Does it have a wire layout /diagram?

Thanks Fox3 nice talking to you!

MrToad

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2009, 19:08

The connector on the flow meter side is a JYK 3.96mm (0.156in) pitch.

You can find the connector (choose the 3W one, for "three way" not for "three Watt" :D ) here and the terminals that go with it are these.

Unfortunately I have not the faintest idea where to get them outside the UK (not because they're exclusive or anything, is just that I've never searched for them overseas :P )

The connector on the Aquaero side is the usual 3-pin molex you find in fans.

These are pics of the original cable:

Both pictures are taken from the opposite side to where the pin retention latches are.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MrToad« (21. Juni 2009, 19:09)

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 00:17

If you asked here for a wire diagram everyone would have helped you, please stop messin around. thx

Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2009, 09:35

If you asked here for a wire diagram everyone would have helped you, please stop messin around. thx

Same here as I didn't like the tone of the OP. :rolleyes:

pgr13

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2009, 18:42

Thanks Mr toad for the info I already assembled my cable 2 days after the post.

Also
to you Admins! My tone was not tor any body here you guys need to
understand that everybody does not speak nor read fluent German.
So I do apologize if I have offended or made you upset !

But that being said ,I'm still a little upset tors this company.
You
spend 45.00 dollars on a sensor that requires you to make another
purchase of 5.00 dollars not to mention shipping .When all said and done
you
have close to 60.00 dollars.my opinion I think that's a little retarded
.Why dont they just bundle it together and call it the day.
Its just how I feel.

Again I do apologize to the admins and the people who posted on this thread for my conduct. :)