• 16.04.2024, 18:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Can water just slowly disappear from the system ??

Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009, 12:52

I have my watercooled system now up-and-running for a couple of months, but what puzzles me is that the water level in the reservoir continuously seems to drop a little over time. I do not detect any leakage whatsoever on any of the components, nor do I see any residual UV traces of spilled water anywhere. I don't think it is due to evaporation as the system is completely closed (the AC reservoir has a screwed-on lid).
After several months I would expect that all the air bubbles from the radiator, CPU-block, GPU-block, tubing and pump are gone, but yet I need to re-fill a couple of cc every week or so. Is this normal ? ?(
Professional Crasher :thumbsup:

Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009, 13:56

Yes it is normal.

1. No watercooling system is absolutly close and so water can slowly disappear through little grooves.
2. The water diffuses throw the tubes.

But this happenend only in insignificant amounts, so can not see or detect such losses.
"Man kann nicht immer gewinnen! Wer es aber nicht versucht, hat schon verloren."

Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2009, 09:33

I have had the same problem as you. I just learned to live with it and add 10-20cc every 6 months or so. Never found a trace of water anywhere so I assumed that small bubbles of trapped air were coming from somewhere in the system.

Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2009, 09:51

Ok, thanks for the reply. It's good to know that it isn't just me.
I figured it might be normal, but I had not heard or read anything of this behavior yet.
It is certainly something I can live with, as indeed it is only a small amount that disappears.
and as said before, no moist is detected anywhere around the cooling parts.
I'll just keep an eye on the reservoir and refill a little from time to time.
Professional Crasher :thumbsup:

davidfernando

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009, 09:10

Yes it is