• 23.04.2024, 19:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Halk

Next Upgrade

Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2007, 05:51

Things are going ok after my current upgrade, however, when I have the PC generate as much heat as possible (higher voltages, faster speeds, maximum load for a sustained time) I do notice my temperatures going up. ATi Tool generates a huge amount of heat, currently the graphics card is at 66 and the CPU at 49. That's after running them for about 45 minutes, and they've been stable at those temps for a while. They aren't _too_ hot, but they could be cooler.

In order to cool things down, I've asked a few questions previously, but I've come to the conclusion that really all that needs doing is cooling down the radiator further.

Currently the 240 radiator sits at the very bottom of the case, in a separate section from everything else apart from the PSU. It sits on top of 2 120mm fans, which suck air from outside the case to draw it across the radiator.

I'm thinking to make things cooler, I install 2 80mm fans underneath the PSU, these will draw air in. I'll switch the fans underneath the radiator so that they draw air out. And I'll fit another 2 120mm fans on top of the radiator, to push air through.

This will mean adding another 4 fans to the case, which could mean additional noise, but will mean cooler temperatures.

It could mean less noise, if all 4 radiator fans and the 2 80mm fans are running at 5V or so, this should be ample to keep things cool - unless the system is running under extreme load the temps don't rise.

Currently speedfan is able to monitor various temperatures in the PC, however it cannot adjust my fans.

Abits uGuru can adjust my fans based on these temperatures. I can set this in BIOS and it'll do the job very well. As my temperatures rise the fans turn on, and then as they rise further the fans increase in speed.

However, the only thing that really matters is the temperature of the water, and as this rises the fans should be increased in speed.

I need to replace the Aquastream panel, it's firmware 1.2 and through removal and putting it back in, it no longer fits properly on the Lian Li 5.25 plate I had it mounted on - it never fitted properly in the first place.

I now see that Aquacomputer has released several different hardware devices for better integration with the watercooling system. But I'm not finding it easy to work out exactly what I need.

I'll need something that can monitor the water temperatures - or read the temperatures from the motherboard.

It'll need to be able to just 3 pairs of fans. I don't think it really matters if it adjusts them all at once, or if it can adjust them in pairs, or all 6 separately.

Ideally I'd like to be able to configure this in Windows, so that I can set it up and tune it to be silent, and keep the water cool under normal operation, and also to automatically adjust as the water temperature rises to keep it cool.

Is this possible with the range of things that Aquacomputer now produce, and if so, what exactly do I need and don't need?

Re: Next Upgrade

Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2007, 09:30

Well to monitor the speed of fans and the temperature of differenct pices of hardware (or water) the Aquaero was invented.
You would need an Aquaero and an aquaero plug&cool-Temperatursensor. You can plug the "Temperatursensor" in every unused Plug&Cool adjust.
Or in a T-connector if you like.

To something you wrote:

Zitat von »Halk«

I'll switch the fans underneath the radiator so that they draw air out. And I'll fit another 2 120mm fans on top of the radiator, to push air through.

As a matter of fact, there is just a very little difference in using the fans with 12V current and with 5V current.
But it's a slightly higher effect for you ears ;)
AND: You shouldn't mount fans on top and beneath the airplex as long as the fans aren't turning the same way (e.g. all fans on the airplex moving air in the same direction.)
I would recomand to you, that you would mount both fans beneath the airplex and let them blow air out of your case.
(more silent)

AND: Mount one of the Temperatursensors (not the one I've mentiont above but one of the sensors delivered in the Aquaero box) on your GPU if possible -> it will show you a more accurate tempreture.

I appologize for my bad English.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Halk

Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2007, 16:40

Thanks for the response, to make it a bit clearer. (Hopefully!)

This is what I have now.

This is what I'm proposing.

The new fans on the right hand side - the ones taking air from outside of the case, this would be 2 x 80mm fans. All other fans are 120mm.

Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2007, 16:56

OK.
It seems that I missunderstood you.

You can do this.
But there won't be much deference using 2x 120mm fans on your Airplex and using 4.
But turn them so that they blow out the air. (as you have planed, obviewsly.)
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Halk

Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2007, 20:15

The main thing is to reverse the airflow, as you've said.

With 4 fans on the radiator, I should be able to turn them down to very low voltages, and they'll still encourage a reasonable enough airflow to move cooler air over the radiator. It'll also stop warm air circulating within the case, and the PSU will receive cooler air.