• 24.04.2024, 08:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream to Aquastream XT USB conversion

Mittwoch, 2. September 2009, 07:29

Does anyone have the instructions for changing an Aquastream to an Aquastream XT USB?

Changing the controller board is a no brainer, but someone on bit-tech mentioned something about the rotor shaft and impeller. From looking at the XT vs the old Aquastream rotor/impeller the only thing that was discernible was that the XT impeller does not move.

So can I put an XT rotor/impeller assembly into an old Aquastream pump body? Or do I have to use the old impeller and secure it with a piece of heat-shrink?

Anyone also happen to know the thread size of the hi-pressure side of the Aquastream pump body as seen below:

One other question. When I cut the cable of the old Aquastream pump do I need to worry about which wire goes to what side of the XT circuit board? In the following pic I have the Aquastream on the left and the XT on the right.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (2. September 2009, 07:37)

Donnerstag, 3. September 2009, 09:31

Shoggy was kind enough to send me the upgrade manual so this thread is over with unless someone knows the thread size I'm looking for.

Edit: From looking at the Eheim 1046 spare parts list I was able to discern that the high pressure port thread is G 1/8. And the right size tap was good in stock at McMaster-Carr for $16 USD. :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (3. September 2009, 10:08)

Programming XT's

Dienstag, 8. September 2009, 08:25

Since I assume that there is a way to program the XT controller without the Aquasuite (perhaps through the connector traces at top of board) with some kind of eprom programmer does anyone know how to do this? I want to reprogram my "Standard" pump to an ""Ultra" version so I don't risk frying my CPU with no fan working on the radiator. I don't mind paying for for the upgrade, I just want to do the upgrade before I turn on my computer.

Mittwoch, 9. September 2009, 22:43

Right, the connector at the upper edge is "our" interface which can't be used by customers since we also use a selfmade programmer for it with a special software for internal use only.

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 00:02

You can use an alternativ powersource for the fans when starting your PC the first time. Direct to a 12V source or something like that.
And with this preperation you can upgrade your AS and safly reboot th PC with the Fans controled by the AS.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »b0nez« (10. September 2009, 00:23)

:rolleyes:

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 10:19

Right, the connector at the upper edge is "our" interface which can't be used by customers since we also use a selfmade programmer for it with a special software for internal use only.

Bummer

You can use an alternativ powersource for the fans when starting your PC the first time. Direct to a 12V source or something like that.
And with this preperation you can upgrade your AS and safly reboot th PC with the Fans controled by the AS.

I was hoping not to have to do it that way, but I guess it will all work out in the wash. :)