• 23.04.2024, 21:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MrToad

Aquaero, display shows wrong characters, Aquasuite doesn't detect it properly

Samstag, 5. September 2009, 21:14

As the subject line reads really...

It's been working OK for a couple of months, then suddenly the display started showing squares rather than characters, and Aquasuite detects it as "ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ" (the tab is no longer called "Aquaero" but that...)

Then sensor names and other stuff becomes "ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ" too, and everything goes to hell in a bicycle.

I've tried re-flashing the firmware, disconnecting everything... same result.

Any ideas?

Samstag, 5. September 2009, 22:41

• Check to make sure your display hasn't come loose from the Aquaero main board (unlikely).
  • Check USB cable and power connections.
  • Do a HW reset.
  • Look for any burned out components on the board.

What do you have connected to your Aquaero?

MrToad

Sonntag, 6. September 2009, 11:47

Hahhahahahhahahah!

Thanks Top_Nurse :)

I took it apart and there was a single, tiny and lonely strand of copper cable making a derivation between two SMCs.

Most likely it found it's way inside the computer case when I was terminating the cables (had to make plenty of custom cables for this project) and then entropy made the rest of the work.

I've cleaned the PCB thoroughly and now it works fine again :thumbsup:

I feel a bit stupid now :blush:

Hopefully it caused no permanent damage. Time will tell :)

Bless ya young lady. Thanks again ;)

Sonntag, 6. September 2009, 11:55

:D 8) 8)

MrToad

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 03:14

Quick follow-up...

After clearing the little derivation, everything *seemed* to work OK... but it doesn't LOL

There's a glitch that's driving me through the road of insanity...

I have 2 x Aquastream XT, 1 x Poweradjust, 1 x Multiswitch and 1 x Aquaero.

Now, the Poweradjust and the Aquastreams are fine. They're detected as HID devices and always "seen" by Aquasuite.

However, the Aquaero and the Multiswitch have become mutually exclusive. Either one or the other are detected and "mounted" as HID devices. But never both at the same time.

After tinkering with both quite a lot, I've determined that whichever of the two is powered first, will prevent the other from being detected.

Any insight on this?

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 10:24

Is the Multi-Switch and the Aquaero hooked up via USB or do you have the Multi-Switch connected through the Aquaero?

Are you hooking anything up through the Aquabus?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (10. September 2009, 10:25)

fox3

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 17:18

I remember reading somewhere that you need to change the address on one of them. I know I needed to do that when using 2 XT ultra's.

MrToad

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 19:47

Righty... I actually haven't changed the address on anything yet because I have nothing connected through aquabus as it was giving me grief no end. Even using good quality shielded cables, I think the runs are too long for the I2C bus.

All the devices are connected via USB to a hub inside the computer that's connected to one of the motherboard headers.

Will look into the address issue tho, thanks for the suggestion :)

EDIT: Setting the address via jumper on the multiswitch had no effect. However, I found that if I disable and re-enable the USB devices (Aquaero and Multiswitch) in the device manager, they are "mounted" properly. Is a bit of a PITA having to do that every time I power on or reboot the computer, but hey, is a workaround that works until I can find a more definitive solution...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MrToad« (10. September 2009, 20:32)

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 22:17

Do you have an ASUS motherboard?

MrToad

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 23:28

Do you have an ASUS motherboard?

Nope... GigaByte EP45-UD3P, why?

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 00:34

Some ASUS boards are known for this kind of problem. Are you using the latest Aquastream and Aquaero firmware and software.

MrToad

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 01:06

Some ASUS boards are known for this kind of problem. Are you using the latest Aquastream and Aquaero firmware and software.

Yup yup...

I've tried to change OS (I was using the 64 bit version of Win7), but I have the same problem in WinXP Pro.

Incidentally I have the same problem connecting the hub to the laptop, or indeed connecting both the Aquaero and the Multiswitch directly to USB ports in the laptop without using a hub.

To be fairly honest, it's doing my head in :wacko:

I'm running out of troubleshooting ideas and getting closer and closer to the line that divides curiosity from frustration...

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 01:32

Why not hook the Multi-Switch directly to the Aquaero through the Aquabus? What happens when you take out the hub altogether?

MrToad

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 02:31

Why not hook the Multi-Switch directly to the Aquaero through the Aquabus? What happens when you take out the hub altogether?

Thought on that, but you can't use the PWM function through the aquabus, is just on or off...

Oh, and when I don't use the hub, and just connect the devices to the MB headers or the USB ports on the laptop, the result is the same...

If it wouldn't happen in WinXP too I'd blame Win7, but it happens in both...

Must be that they don't like GigaByte boards either :P :P :P Will have to steer clear off tier 1 manufacturers and buy a EVGA next time :P

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 05:00

I suggest you PM Sebastian or perhaps Shoggy might now what's up. Seems to me that your computer thinks both devices are the same for reasons I don't know.

Do you have the latest Gigabyte BIOS?

MrToad

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 21:49

I suggest you PM Sebastian or perhaps Shoggy might now what's up. Seems to me that your computer thinks both devices are the same for reasons I don't know.

Do you have the latest Gigabyte BIOS?

I may as well do that... maybe there's a solution that doesn't involve changing the motherboard :P

And yeah, I have the latest bios for this mobo.

Thanks a lot for your help tho :)

Dienstag, 15. September 2009, 01:25

Do you have standby power to the Aquaero?

Samstag, 19. September 2009, 06:06

Guess what happened when I applied power to my Aquaero? While attempting to set the names for fans I all of a sudden got gibberish and all the text was flowing right to left in such a manner that it was impossible to do anything but watch.

I turned off the power, held down the Set button and turned the computer back on. This initiated an eprom reset and cleared all problems.