• 25.04.2024, 06:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero with 2 wire flow meter?

Dienstag, 8. September 2009, 12:13

I am looking to interface a 2 wire flow meter to an Aquaero. My 2 wire flow meter has a + 5 volt input and a RPM sensor wire just like the Aquaero header except it doesn't have a 3rd ground wire. Will the Aquaero sense the pulse without the ground?

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 11:35

That will not work, all three pins must be connected.

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 12:05

Have you tried a two wire interface?

Snyxxx

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 15:29

I got this to work with a 2-wire Koolance FM-17.

Please see this thread for details.

http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8581

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 23:01

Thanks! That was exactly the info I was looking for. From the pic on the other site I saw that you attached one to the Aquaero ground lead and one to the RPM lead correct? Do you know why the Aquaero has a + 5 volt on pin 2? The reason I'm asking is that the Koolance flow meter you used has a + 5 volt lead and a RPM lead.

Snyxxx

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 23:13

To be honest, I simply left the 3-pin fan connector that came with the FM-17 alone and figured it was meant to work like that. I did not know which wire from the flowmeter went to which wire in the plug either and guessed 50/50 chance. It worked and left it alone.

I then later determined that it was only sending impulses and figured it did not really matter in the end. The amplifier board that comes with the FM-17 multiplies the impulses by 10. The impulse value of 197 is correct for this flowmeter with the Aquaero.

More discussion on the wiring here:

http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5821

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Snyxxx« (10. September 2009, 23:18)

Samstag, 12. September 2009, 12:37

What exactly does the 5+ volt do on a AC flowmeter? From a post above it appears to work correctly with a Koolance 2 wire flowmeter by using the ground and RPM connections.