• 25.04.2024, 12:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

LED - Aquaero questions

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 10:36

I hooked up a three way LED (Green/Red/Amber) to my Aquaero. These LED's have three leads: The center is the ground and the exterior leads are for the green and red LED's. When I just did a power test on the Aquaero can get a Red and an Amber color, but no green.

The Amber color only lights up when there is power going to both Green and Red LED leads. I can barely see the Green color LED on while fooling around in my Aquaero menu. Is there better adjustability available with the Aquasuite over the Aquaero interface?

I'm trying to set this up so that the Green LED comes on when the temp is low, the Amber LED on during normal temps, and the Red LED on during over temps.

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 12:35

It would help if you could supply the wiring scheme you used and the pinout of the LED.

Zitat von »Dino«

...lauter spinner ;)
(wehe, das nimmt jemand in seine sig ;))
dino

fox3

Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, 17:23

I have it set up for one to get darker with rising temp on a selected sensor and the other to get brighter with rising temp. HTH

Freitag, 11. September 2009, 01:29

I have it set up for one to get darker with rising temp on a selected sensor and the other to get brighter with rising temp. HTH

Are you using a tri-color LED or the standard dual LED?

Samstag, 19. September 2009, 09:04

It would help if you could supply the wiring scheme you used and the pinout of the LED.

What I have figured out here is that the Red and the Amber LED comes on, but not the green LED. If power is applied to the red wire you get the Red LED on. If you apply power to both the red and blue wires you will get the Amber LED to come on. What I think is going on here is that the Aquaero does not fully turn off the power going to the Red wire and thus the Green LED will not light.

I want red color when it starts up, amber color during normal operation, and green color when I reach an over temp situation. I know this is possible somehow because the Aquaero video showed a tri-color LED in operation (Green => Amber => Red).

Which brings me back to my original question: Will the Aquasuite software allow me to specify a specific range of temps for both LED's so that all voltage stops to one LED completely?

** note: When I speak of red, blue, and black wires these are the colors coming off a standard AC two LED light assembly.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (19. September 2009, 09:08)

Montag, 5. Oktober 2009, 23:14

Actually, Top_Nurse : what you have there is a dual-color LED, NOT a tri-color LED. The LED has only 3 pins instead of 4 : 1x pin for Ground (GND) + 1x pin per LED color...

The fact that you have amber color means that both the red and the green LED's function properly because the amber color is produced by mixing both red and green together, i.e. : providing power to both the red and green wire simultaneously. It's the same system that is used in our TV and computer screens (the well-known RGB "Red-Green-Blue" color system, you might have heard of it ?), but your dual-color LED is a simplified version with only 2 instead of 3 base colors.

What fox3 said is correct : you need to set up the "LED Parameters" for LED 1 and LED 2 so that they both use the same sensor(s). The difference is that you need to set up LED 1 to go darker and LED 2 to go brighter as the temperature rises (or vice versa, it depends on how you connect the wires to the LED). That should make LED 1 light up when the temperature is below the LOW threshold, LED 2 to light up when the temperature is above the HIGH threshold, and both LED 1 + LED 2 light up when the temperature is somewhere in between the LOW and HIGH threshold.
The exact "mixture ratio" of the 2 colors is determined by the sensor output value (where LED 1 gets 0-100% power and LED 2 gets the remaining percentage, like a linear cross-fader).

Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009, 15:03

Thanks for the reply. :)

Makes more sense now, but they still calll them Tri-LED's here in the states. ;)

PhoebeHornbaker

unregistriert

Freitag, 4. Mai 2012, 11:04

led the issue for many reasons, first of all, you want to know how it works can find a solution. I'd like you to. Higher than the threshold, the led panel light is similar to the diode forward VI characteristics. Open below the led outdoor lighting fixtures threshold (white LED turn-on voltage threshold is about 3.5V), pass through the LED current is very small. current forward voltage exponentially increase. This allows the LED designated as a voltage source with a series resistance, with a warning note: This model is only a single DC current. If the LEDchange in the DC current, the resistance of the model should also be immediately changed to reflect the new operating current. forward current, the power LED heat dissipation causes the device, which will change the forward voltage drop In determining the LED strip Wholesaler impedance and dynamic impedance. take full account of the thermal environment is very important....

Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012, 01:49

Thanks for the reply. :)

Makes more sense now, but they still calll them Tri-LED's here in the states. ;)
Yeah it is a little confusing, technically it is not a "Tri-Colour LED" but an "RGB Led" (has 4 pins) that you need as mentioned. If you have the funds I would recommend getting one, in fact the AquaComputer one comes pre-wired to save you the trouble but is a little more expensive.