• 23.04.2024, 10:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquero Hangs after resuming from suspend to RAM and other question (Windows 7 RTM)

Montag, 28. September 2009, 18:21

Hello everybody. I'm a happy owner of an Aquaero, but, last days, when i'm resuming from suspend to RAM, Aquaero hangs, and, even I can manage it inside menus, it only shows the Aquacomputer logo, and "Aqua Computer" :(

Any suggestion???

I'm using Windows 7 and Aquasuite 4.66

And another question, when I'm shutdown completely PC, without AC power plug, Aquaero loses config, and I used it with relay output in Power Button mode, when I plug PC again, it doesn't start, because the relay is in ATX mode :(

Any suggestion? :)

Thanks a lot to everybody, and to Aquacomputer for make a good controler (The controler)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pepdolesa« (9. Oktober 2009, 01:06)

Dienstag, 29. September 2009, 14:33

Hi,
Did you try an reset of the Aquaero ?
Mein System:
ASUS Crosshair II, AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE, ASUS GTX 295, CREATIVE X-FI Elite Pro, Silverstone RAVEN, Aquastream XT USB Ultra, Aquaero, Dualradi, MO-RA, Graka wassergekühlt, CPU wassergekühlt.

Dienstag, 29. September 2009, 18:53

Everytime that Aquaero hangs, I must to reset eeprom on it :(

Sometimes, changing the profile, it shows temps again, but bad values.

It seems to be a problem with USB controller maybe. I supose.

Dienstag, 29. September 2009, 21:29

The connections are right ?
What Board you have ?
Mein System:
ASUS Crosshair II, AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE, ASUS GTX 295, CREATIVE X-FI Elite Pro, Silverstone RAVEN, Aquastream XT USB Ultra, Aquaero, Dualradi, MO-RA, Graka wassergekühlt, CPU wassergekühlt.

Mittwoch, 30. September 2009, 16:49

Have you really stored the settings into the aquaero? The display must show a message that your settings will be saved.

I would recommend to test the whole thing without the USB connection just to see if it has any effect on the problem.

Mittwoch, 30. September 2009, 19:35

Hi, thanks for responses.

After trying multiple settings in the MB (Gigabyte MA790XT) the problem doesn't resolve. Unplugging the USB connector resolve the hang problem. Maybe a Windows 7 incompatibility. Sorry, but I don't know the release, one of the last.

Problem loosing configuration remains. When I unplug totally the PC, aquero loose the config only of the relay usage, and the PC becomes unstartable due the relay connection. Until I disconnect the relay, I can't start the PC :(

And another, and some off topic question...I have an Eheim Compact 600 (600l/h-1.3mWc)... and I obtain 115 l/h in my loop. With a Aquastream, can I obtain more flow??? I'm a newbie in watercooling. I feel that with this flow, the CPU Phenom II 955 at 100% is too hot (60celsius with water at 30). Maybe bad block for too many heat??? (Zalman ZM-WB3) ;) any suggestions are welcomed

Thanks a lot

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pepdolesa« (30. September 2009, 20:20)

Montag, 5. Oktober 2009, 19:57

I am having a similar problem here as well. I am using:

Asus Crosshair III Formula
AMD 720 BE
Windows Vista 32 (will UG to Windows 7 64 as soon as it gets here)
Aquaero flashed to latest firmware and connected via USB.
Older Aquastream connected to Aquaero
Aquastream XT with latest firmware connected via USB
TubeMeter with hardware and OS version 1.01 with firmware UG to 1.07 (production date 6/2005)
Using relay as power button with +5 Volt standby
Latest Aquasuite software

What happens is that I keep losing the connection between the Aquaero and motherboard when going into a power down condition, unless I do a complete shutdown and pulll all USB cables as well as the AC power cord. Also my profiles do not show up unless I do the aforementioned power removal from the system. Also same problem occurs with being unable to manually access the Aquaero.

Would pulling the standby power and relay usage help here?

I'm not totally opposed to this as the reason I bought an Aquaero was to be able to have a free running system not connected to the motherboard. The Aquasuite software just helps program the Aquaero much faster than going through the manual buttons.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Top_Nurse« (5. Oktober 2009, 20:44)

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009, 18:19

Hi again :)

The problem with the Aquaero hang after resuming, seems to be solved, deactivating SetClock service. But, Aquaero still doesn't be detected for the Aquasuite, even making a "Find USB device".

I don't know if this information is useful for you, but there it is. I'm still investigating. Gigabyte seems to have a some buggy USB controllers/hubs.

The another problem that rounds my head, is the Relay config lost when Aquero remains without power. It isn't normal in my case the total shutdown the PC, but... :)

Thanks again for this controller.

PS: is normal that Aquaero have a LCD OS, when it is VFD????

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009, 18:25

Do you mean the set clock 2.0 service or the little tool? Because the tool is not supported anymore since a few months now.

The aquaero shows a LCD because we have changed the VF-Display type and their controllers work like the one of the LCDs so the aquaero is not able to differ.

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009, 18:35

Yes, the Set Clock Service 2.0. "Deshabilitate" it, solves the total hang problem, but Aquaero remains undetectable... now I'm investigating the Hybrid Suspension... but no good results...

I readed in the forum someday certain thread about this "no detection"...

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009, 19:00

Unplugging and plugin Aquaero USB connector solves detection after resuming.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pepdolesa« (7. Oktober 2009, 19:01)

Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009, 22:57

And hibernating and resuming from it, solves the problem too. I tried with some utilities like devcon.exe or Usbreset, but with no positive results. Devcon doesn't stop the device, due adminastrive permissions maybe, I don't know, I'm not a master in windows (in Linux don't too) :)

About the Relay lost config.... for the other people that have same problem:

Aquaero firmware not remembering relay settings!

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2009, 18:04

Do you mean the set clock 2.0 service or the little tool?.

I disabled the Set Clock Service 2.0 and now my computer resumes properly from a low power state. Interestingly after some experimenting I noticed that with the Set Clock Service started the Aquaero would resume properly until I clicked on the computer icon that showed Vista 32 as being locked. Then the Aquaero would work as normal and after a few minutes all the settings were lost, the Aquaero only showed the name "Aquacomputer" and refused to show anything via the up & down buttons, and the fans all went to 100% power. ;(

So I assume this has been reported in the German forums as this can't be an isolated condition. So what is the long term fix here? And what other problems will I have by turning off the Set Clock Service 2.0?

Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2009, 19:11

The thing is that we must be able to reproduce that problem - and currently that is not the case. I use hibernation together with Windows 7 x64 and have none of the described problems. Afaik Sebastian is using the same combo and has also no problems.

With Vista I can not help but due to the fact that a lot of other customers are using it and never complained about such problems it must be something very specific.

Turning off the Set Clock service only means that your aquaero will not get any informations about the current time.

Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2009, 20:02

The thing is, in some configs, not the most, Windows 7 RTM, don't restart some USB devices correctly from suspend. Simply searching it in Google shows it. Somebody tells that it will corrected in some future fix or release. It's a known problem.

Personally, I will try a USB hub solution, maybe works, I'm waiting for the hub.

Now I'm investigating again with devcon.exe (small windows command utility for device configuration). Now, with the correct version for my AMD 64 CPU, I'm able to stop the Aquaero (in windows recognition terms) but I'm not able to restart it :(

Version for AMD x64: http://munashiku.slightofmind.net/200906…4-bit-is-a-pain

Other versions: support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

Some people, experiencing similar problems with missing USB Network Card when resuming, with a small command prompt, can stop and restart the USB, and see the device again.

If the solution is successful, it can be automated with a other small program, that execute scripts or anything, when sistem resume, restart, or any other circunstance.

Thanks.